Ipods

beth6395

Cathlete
Ok O mighty experienced ones. I just received my new treadmill it is a Proform Ifit which will allow me to connect an Ipod. I do not know anything about ipods so I need some input here. What do I need to get and what do I need to know b-4 going to buy one. I went to Circuit City website and they have refurbished ones do they carry those in a store or go with new? Do I need to belong to something on my computer to download I think my hubby has itunes. I know it plays music but what if I want to by an I-tread wotkout can I do cardio coach do they have interchangeable discs for storing different things without having to delete or move stuff around. I googled and all i got were stores. Thanks for any help you guys can spare.

Please someone help me out here.
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I'm withya on this one Beth. Got a TM with Ipod hookup but my little shuffle is too small;(

Would like to get some iTread or iTrain but don't have the slightest idea since my DS loaded my Shuffle for me - unfortunately on someone else's computer (that he's not friendly with any longer) so I can't even download to the Shuffle without purchasing a pirate software program. (or so he tells me).

Will be waiting with baited breath to hear answers from you that are "experienced"}(

It sounds like your TM is like my elliptical in that you can plug in your iPod to its speakers. Love that feature! I recommend the iPod Nano b/c it's compact -- ideal for travel as well as strapping to your arm and using headphones for the outdoor runs. The Shuffle will *only* let you hear your music on shuffle, so you don't have the ability to create playlists or select the song or audio file you want to play.

I use iTunes (free to download the program, songs are 99 cents each) and also download the iTrains. Absolutely, you can upload both iTrains and CCs to your iPod.

I have the 4G Nano, which holds about 1,000 songs - plenty for most people, but as a music junkie, I'm getting close to capacity. I may be upgrading to the 8G in the near future, but I wanted to wait and see what happens with Cathe's new Workout Blender programs she'll be rolling out.

I've purchased my iPods from either Apple directly or from Amazon. With Apple, I was able to get an educator's discount. If you or anyone you know is a teacher, that might be a way to go to save a few $$. But last time, I think Amazon even beat that price.

Check out the Apple store to help you decide which might be best for you: http://www.apple.com/itunes/

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

I have a 2nd generation Ipod Nano and love it although lusting after the new ones! I bought it as a refurbrished one through the Apple site. You can probably get a 2nd generation really cheap but would need to keep in mind that you would have increasing limited options for accesories, etc. I am technically challenged and found this really easy to set up and load with music. I haven't bought anything from itunes yet but have loaded itrains on it and CDs that I have. Now if I bought a new one and wanted to add video, that might be another story.

You create playlists which is easy to do. Then you select a playlist from the menu. So you could have a playlist for a CC or an itrain. No interchangeable discs or adding and deleting things. I have an 8gb and it is amazing what they hold. If an 8gb isn't that much more money than I would go with one esp if you buy a new one that has video capability.

You can have more things on your computer than you have on your ipod if you want fewer playlists to choose from. You decide if you want to update with everything when you connect to your computer or select the playlists. I select them since I have Christmas music that I don't want all year long.

Thanks you guys I am learning I found wikpedia and that was a little to much technical mumbo jumbo it helps when you guys can explain. If I were to purchase from a store what stores carry the ipod Nano's will they have refurbished ones in stores? Do I need some sort of docking station batteries equipment with it (accessories).

So basically download and upload from the computer? Do they have monthly subscriptions it seems .99 cents per song is pricey or am I mistaken I know your Itrans and that are one flat fee right once you purchase it its yours it goes into a file for you to download to the ipod and then when you want to delete/remove from your ipod you can always go back and get it another time right?

I have never seen refurbrished ones in stores. But new ones can be found many places - Target, Walmart. Sam's, Best Buy etc..... The pkg should have everything you need to connect it to your PC and you can charge it that way. You can buy chargers that plug into outlets and many other accesories for them.

Once you load something into your library it will be there and then you can put what you want from your library onto your ipod. It will still be in your library too so you could play it on your PC. I haven't used itunes so hopefully others can add more on that.

Beside purchasing songs, you can also use songs you already have on CD's. Itunes let you add all or just some of the some songs from a CD. Comes in handy when you only have 2 or 3 songs that you like on a CD.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.