International Concept dresses

lulu68

Cathlete
Hi,

Does anyone know if International Concept dresses are true size? I'm looking into ordering a couple dresses online but having a hard deciding if to order PX/S, P/S, or regular XS. Thanks!

Are you talking about Macy's INC line?

If so, their sizes run big. I have to shop in their petite sizes for dresses and skirts. I wear their Petite/petite or petite/small, depending on the cut of the dress or skirt. For reference, I am 5'7" tall and weigh 115 lbs.

Which dresses are you thinking of ordering? I actually tried on a few the other day. I didn't end up buying them because they were not fitted enough. Even though they looked good on the manican in the store display, I found the style too blousy and shapeless on me.

Are you talking about Macy's INC line?

If so, their sizes run big. I have to shop in their petite sizes for dresses and skirts. I wear their Petite/petite or petite/small, depending on the cut of the dress or skirt. For reference, I am 5'7" tall and weigh 115 lbs.

Which dresses are you thinking of ordering? I actually tried on a few the other day. I didn't end up buying them because they were not fitted enough. Even though they looked good on the manican in the store display, I found the style too blousy and shapeless on me.

Yes, that's the dresses I'm talking about. There's two dresses I'm interested in buying and there both embellished printed halter dresses. I'm 5' tall and weigh 106, not curvy and small bust (cup size A maybe AA). What do you think? I might just have to go into the store and try them on. Thank you for your help!

Yes, that's the dresses I'm talking about. There's two dresses I'm interested in buying and there both embellished printed halter dresses. I'm 5' tall and weigh 106, not curvy and small bust (cup size A maybe AA). What do you think? I might just have to go into the store and try them on. Thank you for your help!

Here are the two dresses I tried on:

Embellished Printed Halter Dress

Another embellished printed halter dress

I think we are probably talking about the same dresses. They are SO cute, but the photo is deceiving. They are very loose fitting and long. You are smaller than I am, and if the P/XS was big on me, it is probably going to be big on you. Both dresses fit the same, and they were fine in the shoulders and armhole area, but the body of the dress was too big for me. The petite length was okay, but I am 7 inches taller than you. They will hit you below the knee, even in the petite sizes. Not sure that's what you want.

I was disappointed they didn't work because I had some excellent Macy's coupons to use. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Here are the two dresses I tried on:

Embellished Printed Halter Dress

Another embellished printed halter dress

I think we are probably talking about the same dresses. They are SO cute, but the photo is deceiving. They are very loose fitting and long. You are smaller than I am, and if the P/XS was big on me, it is probably going to be big on you. Both dresses fit the same, and they were fine in the shoulders and armhole area, but the body of the dress was too big for me. The petite length was okay, but I am 7 inches taller than you. They will hit you below the knee, even in the petite sizes. Not sure that's what you want.

I was disappointed they didn't work because I had some excellent Macy's coupons to use. Hope this helps!

Those are the dresses! Bummer! Do you think they would be easy altered fix? Every year I try to prepare for next spring so when Easter, graduations etc...come around I don't have to fuss about it or stress about finding a dress. Thank you...you where very helpful!

Those are the dresses! Bummer! Do you think they would be easy altered fix? Every year I try to prepare for next spring so when Easter, graduations etc...come around I don't have to fuss about it or stress about finding a dress. Thank you...you where very helpful!

I have a lot of alterations done on my clothing because it's not always easy to find stuff small enough. Based on what I've learned from doing that, I would say that these dresses would not be easily altered. The material is thin and stretchy and made to hang kind of loose, which in my opinion is what made them look too big. You could hem them easily, but as for altering the overall size I doubt you'd be successful.

Bottom line, the deciding factor is how you like your clothing to fit. Like I said the top (neck, bust and arm holes) fit okay, but not the lower part. If you like things loose, you might be okay with them. In my opinion, that type of dress needs to be more fitted, and these definitely were not.

I love this brand! Matter a fact I was at Macy's today buying INC!!!! I always find it is better for me to try the items on. I have been wearing INC for several years now and find the sizes can run both big and small. Today I tried on a dress that was a large and it was so tight. Everything I bought today was a meduim or size 6 yet there have been times where a large or an 8 fit me better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.