Insanity and STS

soon2bfit

Cathlete
Can anyone tell me how they are doing Insanity and STS. I have posted before but did not get any responses. I would like to know what your rotation looks like.

Thanks

julie

My husband and I are doing this starting last Tuesday, combining STS and Insanity.

Here's our rotation for the first month - we've just started Meso 2 of STS and Week 1 of Insanity:

Week 1 (just finished this week today):
Tue: Fit Test 30 min
Wed: Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min) & STS Disc 13 Chest/Tri/Shoulder (60 mins)
Thurs: Cardio Power & Resistance (40 min)
Fri: Cardio Recovery 35 min & STS Disc 14 Legs (50 mins)
Sat: rest
Sun: Pure Cardio (40min )
Mon: Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min) & STS Disc 15 Back/Biceps (60 mins)

Week 2: (starting tomorrow)
Tue: Cardio Power & Resistance (40 min)
Wed: Pure Cardio (40min) & STS Disc 16 Chest/Tri/Shoulders
Thurs: Cardio Circuit (40min)
Fri: Cardio Recovery (35 min) & STS Disc 17 Legs
Sat: Cardio Power & Resistance (40 min)
Sun: Rest
Mon: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs (40min / 20 min) & STS Disc 18 Back/Biceps

Week 3:
Tue: Fit Test (30 min)
Wed: Cardio Circuit (40min) & STS Disc 19 Chest/Tri/Shoulders
Thurs: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs (40min / 20 min)
Fri: Cardio Recovery (35 min) & STS Disc 20 Legs
Sat: Cardio Power & Resistance (40 min)
Mon: Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min) & STS Disc 21 Back/Biceps

Week 4:
Tue:pure Cardio & Cardio Abs (40min / 20 min)
Wed: Cardio Power & Resistance (40 min) & STS Disc 22 Chest/Shoulders/Tri
Thurs: Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min)
Fri: Cardio Recovery (35 min) & STS Disc 23 Legs
Sat: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs (40min / 20 min)
Mon: Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min) & Disc 24 Back/Biceps

It's very tough to combine these two programs, so I'm listening to my body and looking for signs of overtraining. So far I'm really enjoying it. Month 2 might be difficult because the Insanity workouts go up to an hour and I don't think we'll have that kind of time before work (which is when we train) to get in both an hour of STS and an hour of Insanity, so I'm not sure how we'll do that yet.

Hope that helps :)
Doreen

Doreen,

Thanks for your response. Wow, I just finished STS, (well by this week end ) I can not imagine doing both on the same day. I am so wiped. Do you do Insanity first?

Do you like STS so far, what haveyou gotten for results?

Hi Julie,

I started Insanity last Monday. I'd just finished up with STS Meso 1, and taken a rest week. I'm doing Meso2 as one body part/day, after the Insanity workout of the day. This makes it more manageable, time wise, and I don't find it an overwhelmingly long workout. IOW, I've got the energy to do both. If I can, I take a few hours between the Insanity workout and the STS workout. I can focus more on the weight work that way.

I'm not doing the M2 Leg workouts at all. Insanity has enough lower body work in all it's plyo moves. As well, I instruct a resistance training class once a week, and teach cycle classes, so I get tons of lower body. Doing M2 legs on top of all that wouldn't give my poor gams any time to recover.

For Month 2 of Insanity, I will probably just repeat the STS M2 one upper body part/day process. M3 isn't as conducive to doing one part/day, due to the push-pull design of the workouts (although you could just hit the skip button, making sure you take a full 120secs between each exercise).

I may do M3 after I finish Insanity, just adding my own cardio.

HTH,
Sandra

Last edited:
Sandra,

Thanks, it does help. So you are actually breaking up the sts dvd? Doing just chest on one day, shoulders, another etc? That would make it more manageable. I had not thought of that option at all. I just got done watching the insanity infomercial, with your idea I think I am going to go for it.

Thanks.

BTW stil trying to figure out what IOW stands for.

julie

Hi -
I bought both at the same time with the intention of doing both at the same time, but Insanity is so crazy, that I decided to do the full cycle of it first and then I will start STS and use Insanity for the Cardio.

It is honestly the hardest workout series I have ever done, and definitely not for beginners.

I wanted to get the most out of it, so I am following the 60 day program.

Hi Julie,

We're doing STS first, at the gym actually (we watch the workout the night before, write it all out and do it at the gym), and then drive right home and do Insanity. It is very hard so far, especially after the STS Leg day, the next Insanity workout was brutal.

As far as results, I am getting much stronger w/STS - I'm loving it! I see some definition that I haven't seen before, and my husband it having great results too.

Doreen

Doreen,

Thanks, again. I think what I am going to do is to do Insanity first since it is primarily cardio, then sts by body part. Meso 2 was my favorite so I think I will do upper body m2. As far as legs go I think I will do Meso 3, since it sounds like I will be getting a lot of legs through Insanity.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.