Insanity Pure Cardio

fitat49

Cathlete
Hey Ladies, Well I'm a little bummed. Last night I was planning on doing Pure Cardio Shaun T's and Sts Plyo legs disc 29. Started out with pure Cardio made it through the warm up and a couple of the next drills and had to quit. I became really shaky and my legs felt like jello. I then went on to plyo legs (OMG) made it through but was pretty shaky throughout but not as bad as when I was doing Pure Cardio. I don't know what causes be to feel that way, anyone have any idea? Thanks Ladies, Lori

Don't feel bad. I just posted in the STS forum about having to quit Plyo Legs, and that was after modifying about half of it! That was the first STS workout I couldn't finish.

It could be anything. You may just need to build up the endurance, and that never takes too long. Or maybe you were having an off day. Or you have a teeny little viral thing going on. Or you didn't get enough sleep the night before.

Or...it could have been a bad day for Loris everywhere. :)

In any case, don't let it get to you. Though I would much rather be able to say I pushed and made it through Plyo Legs yesterday, I honestly don't feel bad that I couldn't. I know there are many factors involved, and I know I'll improve over time. If anything, I'm happy I have something to work towards. Nothing worse than getting a new workout DVD and finding it too easy the first time around!

I say all Loris go grab a book, a blankie, and hit the couch! Clearly we are all infected with something that is making our workouts way harder than normal. :eek:

Hey Ladies, Well I'm a little bummed. Last night I was planning on doing Pure Cardio Shaun T's and Sts Plyo legs disc 29. Started out with pure Cardio made it through the warm up and a couple of the next drills and had to quit. I became really shaky and my legs felt like jello. I then went on to plyo legs (OMG) made it through but was pretty shaky throughout but not as bad as when I was doing Pure Cardio. I don't know what causes be to feel that way, anyone have any idea? Thanks Ladies, Lori

did you eat something before your workout or had it been hours since you fueled your body? when i get shakey its usually low blood sugar. is this the first time you have felt this way? have you been sleeping ok or did you sleep good the night before?

did you eat something before your workout or had it been hours since you fueled your body? when i get shakey its usually low blood sugar. is this the first time you have felt this way? have you been sleeping ok or did you sleep good the night before?

I think that might be it. I hadnt eaten since early in the morning and just had a snack in the afternoon. And yes I have felt this way on occasions, It is a awful feeling in fact I'm still not feeling the best today.

i have felt this way too. its not fun at all and it usually takes about a day or two when my blood sugar gets too low for me to feel back to normal. Try eating about an hour or two before your workout and see if this helps. Even something as little as 100cals would do it while not making you feel like puking during the workout.

i have felt this way too. its not fun at all and it usually takes about a day or two when my blood sugar gets too low for me to feel back to normal. Try eating about an hour or two before your workout and see if this helps. Even something as little as 100cals would do it while not making you feel like puking during the workout.

I also noticed that I was sweating really really bad yesterday when this happened. I tried tonight after making sure I ate more today and could not even make it through a easier cardio dvd of Cathe's. I just said the He** with it, I better just take off. I thought maybe it could be my potassium, I feel really irritable, weepy,shaky,clammy you name it I feel it. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

I also noticed that I was sweating really really bad yesterday when this happened. I tried tonight after making sure I ate more today and could not even make it through a easier cardio dvd of Cathe's. I just said the He** with it, I better just take off. I thought maybe it could be my potassium, I feel really irritable, weepy,shaky,clammy you name it I feel it. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Sounds like classic low blood sugar symptoms. It always takes me hours to get back to feeling normal after eating, and after a really bad blood sugar day (ups and downs) the following day sucks too.

Well, I don't know where you live & what the weather's like there but I know the heat is really getting to me. I did ASC3 yesterday morning in my basement & I thought I was melting. Leg routine last night at the gym, I felt so weak I had to drop 10 lbs on squats & lunges, then I bailed halfway through my chest w/o.

Hopefully we'll all feel stronger when the temps drop below 90. :confused:

Thanks for your input everyone. If it is low blood sugar how can I keep it from happening and bringing me down for 2 days? Thanks

Thanks for your input everyone. If it is low blood sugar how can I keep it from happening and bringing me down for 2 days? Thanks

Stay away from simple carbs, (except for immediately after working out), eat small meals every three-hour hours that incorporate complex carbs, protein and healthy fats at each meal, (don't eat carbs in isolation). If you do eat simple carbs, make sure to have protein and fat as well to help slow down the hit to your blood sugar.

Stay away from simple carbs, (except for immediately after working out), eat small meals every three-hour hours that incorporate complex carbs, protein and healthy fats at each meal, (don't eat carbs in isolation). If you do eat simple carbs, make sure to have protein and fat as well to help slow down the hit to your blood sugar.

Thank You, could you please give examples of simple and complex carbs. That may be what I'm doing. Thank You

Thank You, could you please give examples of simple and complex carbs. That may be what I'm doing. Thank You

Some examples:
Complex carbs: yams, whole grain bread, steel cut oats, veggies, whole grain pasta, brown rice

Simple: sugar, white breads, multi-grain breads, white pasta, fruit, white rice, candy, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)

Even complex carbs in isolation will hit your blood sugar much harder than if you combine with protein and/or healthy fats.

Some examples:
Complex carbs: yams, whole grain bread, steel cut oats, veggies, whole grain pasta, brown rice

Simple: sugar, white breads, multi-grain breads, white pasta, fruit, white rice, candy, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)

Even complex carbs in isolation will hit your blood sugar much harder than if you combine with protein and/or healthy fats.

Would a protein shake with carbs in it and protein be a good choice? Thanks again

Ok this happened to me on Wednesday since then I've done my Sts workouts and only easy cardio and just feel so tired and Yuk. I think maybe I should go see a dr. what do you all think? Thanks. Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.