Inner Thigh Help

Stacy

Cathlete
....does anyone have any success stories for getting rid of that lumpy inner thigh area around the knees?? I have dreams of liposuction, but know that's not the healthiest way to go about my goals. I'm an avid Cathe fan, have all of her tapes, try to watch my diet, vary my rotations, but still no luck with the thunder thighs. I'd love to hear what anyone else has done out there to see results!!

Thanks,

Stacy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-01 AT 09:53PM (Est)[/font][p]Plies done knee-little-toe way.
Lorna

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-01 AT 11:17PM (Est)[/font][p]Actually, I can finally say yes.

The area that you're talking about has always been my fatty area. I could never get rid of those fat knees and fatty inner thighs.

I can now say that I've gotten rid of it. I still have a bit to go, but I've never had knees and legs that looked this good.

How did I do it? I started running and doing Cathe's strength tapes. I did all the plies and cardio tapes on the planet, but my inner thigh fat would NOT budge. I cannot believe what running has done for my legs. They look nice now. And I remember when I first started, I saw results within two weeks. I was shocked and amazed. I haven't given up running yet.

Recently I had to up it to an hour so I'd get more progress. Running just melts the fat right off you.

Again, that's what has worked for me. You may want to try it, it may work for you as well.

Just a thought.

Keta. :D

I agree. I have seen very good results with running and heavy strength training.
Unfortunately my achillestendons are not to happy about running, and I've had to cut back. Since that, (the last two months) I just cant get difinition in my legs very much eventhough I have been doing the SH series. But I'm sure that it's because I'm not running so much more. Before I used to run 4-5 10 K's a week. Now it's may twice.

Hope you have some great areas to run in, because to me running in the woods is what makes me want to do it. It's great out there.

Dorthe

For me the only that has worked for me after YEARS of trying everything has been working my inner thighs either with weight machines at the gym OR doing a good tape workout like the floor work in the PS leg tape, and doing it three times a week along with standing leg work. I have really stubborn legs that don't respond well to much of anything. I had good underlying muscle, but couldn't get visibly as toned up as I wanted. So, extra hard weight training is the only thing that has worked for me.

You just have to try it all, and decide what works for you.

Thanks for all of your input, though I was hoping I'd hear more non-running answers because unfortunately a past knee injury keeps me from running :( Oh well, just have to keep on trying!

:) Stacy

Honeybunch....is that 3 days of floor work in addition to standing work OR 3 days of leg work total each week??

Stacy

Three days of TOTAL leg work which includes standing and floor. I was alternating one day floor, one day leg, etc. for four-six day, and that was too hard to schedule in. This way is best for me. I do one day with tapes and two days at the Y, or vice versa depending on how my leg days land in the week. My Y is not open on Sunday.

Honeybunch......Thanks! I have some future rotations planned, maybe I'll rework them to incorporate more legs. I dont have a gym membership and I know myself well enough to know that I'd never go even if I did. My leg tapes include all of Cathe's plus I use the floorwork from KV's GWW as well as the FIRM's Lower Body Scuplting. I had FIRM's Standing Legs but it aggravated my knees too much. Do you have any other tapes either strictly for legs or possibly a so-so tape that just happens to have an excellent leg section?? I'm interested in getting one or two more standing and floor work tapes to tack onto my cardio day here and there.

Thanks again,

Stacy

Thighmaster

Remember 'ol Suzanne Somers and the Thighmaster that everyone makes fun of? It actually works! Also, added bonus of no stress on the knees, and you can do it while you watch TV even.
Another cheaper solution: Buy a Dynaband or similar exercise band.
Inner thighs: Stand straight and use wall to balance. Loop the band around both ankles, and lift the outside leg laterally as high as you can and slowly let it down. Do both sides, increasing tension and reps per set as you go. You should probably go for higher reps (15-25) per set to see results.
Outer thighs: Lie on your back, press lower back to the floor. Legs straight up in the air in a "V",knees slightly bent. Loop band around your thighs about half-way down. Simply scissor legs out and slowly back in.

>Thanks for all of your input, though I was hoping I'd
>hear more non-running answers because unfortunately a past knee injury keeps me from running :(

Hi Stacey,

I was going to suggest running too, but then I saw your second post. How about power walking in addition to Cathe tapes? Power walking can be a very good lower-body workout. My mother can't run either because of her knees and she had inner thigh areas she wanted to tone. She started power walking last summer and she looks great! Her legs are very toned now, and she doesn't do Cathe tapes!

I run 4-5x/week and also do MIS, PH or PS (I rotate total body & split every 2 weeks). PS Strong Legs & Abs has really made a difference in my lower body. Good luck!

RE: Thighmaster

I use the Xering and Ultratoner from Spri products. That is the best equipment outside of a gym for inner & outer thighs. I use the black maximum strength ones.

RE: Thighmaster

I broke my legs long ago and have to avoid running much also, so i do it once a week in cool weather only. Anyway, I have a Schwinn Airdyne that i ride for extra long hard cardio to the legs. No impact. And I use headphones and watch tv or a movie at the same time. If you're lucky you can bike outside, but where I live it's too dang crowded (Chapel Hill, NC)

Hi Stacey

I have to be careful with the knees and back also, so I bought a stationary recumbant bike earlier this year. I had had a regular bike, treadmill, and on and on but really never found a machine I like that was comforable. This is really wonderful..it reclines and has a chairlike seat and you can adjust the tension to get an aerobic workout or really crank it up and almost use it like a weight machine. It is quiet and your upper body is well-supported so you can read or watch TV...

They are a little expensive but I bought the basic model which works very well. I know my legs are usually burning after about 10 minutes.

Kathleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.