I'm moving!!!!!!!

cookiebaby

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I'm moving. I hope no one is offended by this but I hate New Hampshire, nice to visit but terrible to live. My hubby and I are moving out of his parents house back to Massachusetts, friends, and civilization. There are better job opportunities and everything else. I'm so happy. This has been a tough, depressing 10 months that we have been here. It put a great strain on us being so isolated and at odds with his parents. I put on 90 pounds because I was so miserable and in a rut and there was nothing else to do. I've just started to change my nutrition and exercise. I used to walk 10 miles a day where I lived in Mass and loved it. I look forward to it again. Please pray for us and thanks for being there!
Cookiebaby :-jumpy

Hi, Cookiebaby! Congrats on crossing the rubicon and getting out of the outlaws' house!

BTW, where in Massachusetts are you moving? My father grew up in Gloucester, and I still have several aunts and cousins in Gloucester, Rockport and Westford. Also, if DH and I won the lottery, we'd be picking up stakes and moving to Boston in a heartbeat!

A-jock

Hey cookiebaby,

Oh my god, I laughed out loud when I read you post- WHY because I am not from NH but I lived there for 4 years. I HATED it. We lived in southern NH so we were only about 15 minutes from Mass. and use to go there all the time. I love Boston. I still go up there a lot since I made some good friends in NH. I know some people love NH but I could not stand it. Was thrilled to move away. I live in New York now. DH's brother lives in Mass and they use to tease us about living in NH.

We were so excited when DH found a job in NY- like we were free :)

Anyway, congrats on getting to move where you want!!

PS cookie baby- I was thin when I moved to NH- 142 lbs, and newly pregnant. 4 years later when I moved away from NH I was over 200 lbs. So I did the same thing- ate, and ate, and ate... I'm finally losing it now. I had no family and knew no one when I moved there. It was a really really hard time. DH worked all the time, I was pregnat and so isolated. Those were hard days.

Hi amynicole! Thanks for responding. I'm moving to Salem, MA. I feel the exact same way as you did. Thanks for the support and understanding. I can't wait to beat it!!!

Congrgats on your move - looks like you'll be really happy! I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the move. I hate packing and my hubby and I have moved every 2 years for the past 14 and we may be moving again this summer!! :)
I'm sure all your friends will be glad to get you back! Susan

Congrats on your move. I am from Chicopee,MA. Next town over from Springfield. Now I live in Connecticut but we go back and visit at least once a month.
JaneJ

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.