Ideas for using those slanted risers

kathryn

Cathlete
Since I bought the Spri slanted risers, I've been trying to come up with other ways to use them than just for incline chest work and the workouts they come with. So far, here are two ideas (please add more, if you have them):
1) when doing tricep dips, I set up my step the way it is set up for the cardio workout on the DVD that comes with the risers, then I sit on the step, with the high edge behind me, and use push-up handles (actually Perfect Push-up) to do the dips with.

2) If you stack the risers one on top of the other so that they are squared up, they take about the same height as 2 regular risers (maybe a bit more) and would make a good base for the high step --either alone or as a base for other risers (the high step would end up a bit more stable than with the regular risers).

Doesn't Gin Miller have some ramp workouts? I wonder if you could use the slanted step instead of the ramp. I really want some of the risers, but they are out of my budget right now.

Lori

the advert says you can use them for cardio but i have a hard time picturing how you could do cardio on a slanted step. ???

>the advert says you can use them for cardio but i have a hard
>time picturing how you could do cardio on a slanted step.
>???

The risers come with a DVD with a cardio workout led by Rob Glick.
You set up the step so it's horizontal (the regular position for most step workouts) and put the risers so the side towards the TV is higher. The moves are all off the back of the step (side away from theh TV) in that workout, and it works very well (but I can't think of many other step workouts that it would work for - any 'over the top' or 'off the sides' moves wouldn't work).

Thanks for the ideas, Kathryn. I just got my slanted risers yesterday and I haven't tried them yet, but I love new fitness toys. I especially like the idea of using them with the high step. So far I had mainly planned to use them for incline or decline weight work.

ETA: I guess you could also use them for handy ab work--like with your head at a lower end to make it tougher to crunch up. On the other hand, I love my new Bosu for core work (another new toy).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.