Ideas for Graduation Present

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
My daughter's best friend is graduating (my dd is a junior) tonight and I would like to get her something, but I have no idea what to get her. I don't mind spending up to around $100. Any ideas?

My oldest son just graduated and his favorite gifts were cash or gift cards. :)

If the friend is going away for college, you could get stuff for her dorm like getting her set up for first-aid/medical kit/toiletries, laundry necessities, school supplies, etc.

Erica

I was thinking along the same lines as Erica. If DD's friend is going to college in the fall, she'll have loads of stuff to buy. Maybe a GC to a store near her school where she can get incidentals.

This is cool, since I just graduated from High School two days ago. One of my presents will be a laptop/free iPod Touch. However, I'm also using some of the cash I received to buy some Cathe tapes. I'm kickin' my workouts old school (Literally).

This is cool, since I just graduated from High School two days ago. One of my presents will be a laptop/free iPod Touch. However, I'm also using some of the cash I received to buy some Cathe tapes. I'm kickin' my workouts old school (Literally).

Congratulations Aaroneet! No freshman 5lbs for you! :)

I always thought cash was the best way to go. Since this girl is your ds's bf I can see where you may want to get her something more personal. How about putting the cash in a inspirational book of some sort?

instead of a practical gift card (still a good idea) you could get her and your daughter a gift certificate to a spa/salon so they can do a pampering day together.. just a thought!

Money...Money....Money but if you feel that to blah....understand....get a laundry hammer and fill with goodies...snack...popcorn, coffee or tea, soups, advil for those late night studying of course ;) (couldn't possible be for that morning after partying to much) towels, lotions, maybe a roll of quarters for laundry....

You can be as creative or practical or both as you want.

Therese

Marnapril - that was a fun one! Too bad I didn't see it (and a spa day here in the Bay Area is very pricey!).

I ended up getting her a stuffed talking Dug dog (from the movie UP - she saw it with my daughter and fell in love with Dug "I hid under your porch because I love you!") - it was pretty inexpensive at the Disney Store, then I gave her a Macy's gift certificate - figured she could get stuff for school as the Macy's here has an extensive home section or clothes or whatever she wanted.

I really loved reading all of the responses. Thank you!!

If you know the college she is attending you can get a gift certificate for the bookstore..( those textbooks are really expensive!!)...:rolleyes:

I think jewelry is a great graduation gift. Redenvelope.com has some great silver, and it comes in a pretty red box in the mail which i think is special. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.