I took a basic salsa class last night. Does anyone dance?

albernier

Cathlete
I think i will stick with it and use that as one of my cardio days. The advanced classes look really hard. Does anyone here dance salsa? I wasnt really sweating because it was an introductory class but that has to burn a lot of calories when you are really doing advanced steps.

OMG....I used to go all the time before I met hubby and it's a great workout! Now he doesn't want to go, he's really not a dancer. He tried it once and when the instructor got to one part and said "do what you feel!" he went and sat down!!!
Anyway, no he doesn't want me to go and dance with other guys and I don't blame him, but I sure miss it! If you keep it up you will be getting a wonderful workout in no time. I toned up like crazy and it was fun!
Good luck. (Don't look at your feet!!!)

My gym offers a salsa class...no partner required...maybe I'll have to try it sometime...sounds like fun!:)

My DH and I started taking dance classes a couple of years ago that include salsa. I love it, he likes it. Salsa and swing are my favorites. And finally after 22 years of marriage, my DH will dance with me!!

I am soooooo jealous of you ladies who take these dance classes. I just read Carolyn's (pixie9) post about ballroom dancing and thought about how much I would enjoy dance lessons. I don't think I have much rhythm though. I live in the country... two steppin' and Electric sliding is about all we know around here... no rhythm necessary. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.