I raced a 10K w/ a fellow Catheite today!!!

Jess_jugs

Cathlete
I got to meet Emily (aka materialsgirl) this morning! She is so sweet and tiny! We braved the rain, which ended up holding off until the end! It was a nice race, other than being extremely humid.

We got a pic before (thank God no pics after!). (I'm on the left) And my dh snapped one of me almost at the finish line. (I'm smiling because my 5yo was yelling Go Mommy!) I met Emily's dh who was very nice and she met my cheering crew (dh & kids) and cousins. My 9yo dd also ran the 2 mile race w/ her 12 yo cousin. I ran most of it w/ my cousin. I was happy with my time, my goal was 56 min and close to a 9 min pace and I finished in 55:52 w/ an 8:57 pace (according to my Garmin).

We'll have to do it again, Emily!!

Hugs,
Jess

Attachments

• 100_5045.jpg
    100_5045.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_5046.jpg
    100_5046.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_5052.jpg
    100_5052.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Wow - how fun !

And you beat your goal ! ! !

What a great weekend that the rain couldn't damper for you.

Thanks for sharing !:D

Congratulations on beating your goal!! I'm glad the rain held off so you could finish the race.

I'm doing a 5K race this evening and it's going to be hot and sunny!

Great pics, Jess! It was SO NICE to meet you - you are totally adorable, as are your little girls. :D Congrats again on beating your goal time - way to go! We will definitely have to get together for another race sometime. ;)

Great pics, Jess! It was SO NICE to meet you - you are totally adorable, as are your little girls. :D Congrats again on beating your goal time - way to go! We will definitely have to get together for another race sometime. ;)

Aw, shucks! It was great to meet you! I wish it hadn't been so humid by about mile 4-5, but after that I knew we were almost done!!

I'll keep you posted if I'm doing any other nearby races. :)

Hugs,
Jess

Congrats on beating your planned time! How cool you were able to hook up with another Cathe-ite. I wish I could find one around here.

WAY TO GO JESS!!!!! Congratulations!!!

And it's so cool that you and Evily did this together!

AWESOME for BOTH of you!!

Congrats!

I'm doing the NYC RACE FOR THE CURE 5K tomorrow - it's gonna be hot & muggy - yuck!

Last edited:
WAY TO GO JESS!!!!! Congratulations!!!

And it's so cool that you and Evily did this together!

AWESOME for BOTH of you!!

Thanks Michele, you CC enabler! :) Emily did great also, she didn't post about that. I'm glad that I talked her into doing it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.