I liked CrossFit

elsie3

Cathlete
I did a week of CrossFit and loved it. My friend invited me to her place: They were doing a free week for anyone who wanted to try it out. The WODs didn't include any lifting (except for bar thrusters one day) because there were so many new people, but I enjoyed my taste of the workouts. It was tough, I loved the challenge, I really enjoyed the "feel" of the place (I don't really like the gym), and I felt the instructors were well-trained. It was fabulous to have someone to correct my form. I've got some work to do on squats (keeping my toes forward but not letting my knees go in--who knew?). I didn't have a clue about kipping pullups, double-unders, and wall-ball, but it was great (and humbling) to give it a go. Oh, and a 20" box sure is higher than a 12" step. I could make a box jump, but certainly not 5 rounds of 30! (Enter step-ups). The variety and functionality are great. And Cathe had prepared me for some of the moves that were similar.

I would stay with it if it weren't so expensive--yikes! Thank goodness for Cathe! She's always incorporating new things, yet her "older" workouts are always effective. And once I own a piece of equipment or a workout, it's mine (and pre-orders are such a bargain). Plus, I don't think anything can match Cathe's "fun factor". It's nice to try new things, though.

I did a week of CrossFit and loved it. My friend invited me to her place: They were doing a free week for anyone who wanted to try it out. The WODs didn't include any lifting (except for bar thrusters one day) because there were so many new people, but I enjoyed my taste of the workouts. It was tough, I loved the challenge, I really enjoyed the "feel" of the place (I don't really like the gym), and I felt the instructors were well-trained. It was fabulous to have someone to correct my form. I've got some work to do on squats (keeping my toes forward but not letting my knees go in--who knew?). I didn't have a clue about kipping pullups, double-unders, and wall-ball, but it was great (and humbling) to give it a go. Oh, and a 20" box sure is higher than a 12" step. I could make a box jump, but certainly not 5 rounds of 30! (Enter step-ups). The variety and functionality are great. And Cathe had prepared me for some of the moves that were similar.

I would stay with it if it weren't so expensive--yikes! Thank goodness for Cathe! She's always incorporating new things, yet her "older" workouts are always effective. And once I own a piece of equipment or a workout, it's mine (and pre-orders are such a bargain). Plus, I don't think anything can match Cathe's "fun factor". It's nice to try new things, though.

I agree with the expensive comment! I would like to do it too, but really, with 2 in braces, a house payment, a car payment, and just the other things of life..who can do that? (I am very frugal too, we rarely eat out, don't drink alcohol (which is also expensive) and shop thrift stores)

So glad you liked it! I was addicted within the first week and I just couldn't give it up. Luckily, mine is 75/month, which is very reasonable for xfit, so I was able to make it work. It has been life-changing for me.

Yeah, mine is $150/month and I just can't find a reasonable way to pay for it with so many other expensive (braces, my daughter's d surgery/PT, childcare, camps, etc......). I do miss it though!!!!

I agree, I would go more often if it weren't so expensive! My brother is CF trainer though and he was kind enough to give two months worth of WOD and Skills that I can do at home :)

I also purchased Bob Harper's new Skinny Rules dvd and the brief workouts on each dvd are definitely CF-inspired. Today is my AMRAP strength workout, I previewed it last night and the ppl on the dvd look like they're dying at the end of the 15 minute workout. I'm psyched!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.