I Have Lyme Disease!

sparrow13

Cathlete
I got my diagnosis this morning. Part of me is glad because I have been feeling so lousy for a couple of weeks and now I know. The other part of me is scared because there are so many horror stories out there about Lyme complications. I'm going to dedicate myself to staying off the internet, at least as far as Lyme Disease is concerned.

I also forgot to ask my doc if I can work out, when I feel up to it. It's already been over a week that I haven't and I can just feel my muscles turning to muck.

Sparrow

Sparrow ~

I am so sorry to hear of your news. We know a number of people that my husband works with who also have Lyme disease. If I understand correctly the sooner they catch it the better the treaments work.

I will keep you in my prayers, keep us posted on how your doing!

Hi Sparrow,

I know of several people who have had Lyme disease and although it took a while they recovered just fine. Sorry to hear that you have it and take it slowly with exercise or doing to much because a friend of mine did to much to soon and started feeling really awful again. This was about 3 or 4 weeks into her antibiotic treatment. Once she rested over the weekend she started to feel better again.

Cindy

almost my entire town, as well as surrounding towns have Lyme this year...crazy with the ticks!!!!
I would take it real easy with exercise until you finish your prescription. It's not that long, and probably worth it to make sure that all of the Lyme is out of your system before you begin really exerting yourself again. They have a lot of success with Lyme if, as said earlier, it is caught early and treated. In other words, you want this disease out of you, and the antibiotics do that.
Make sure you don't skip doses (once or twice is probably okay) my sister's daughter was refusing to take the medicine and was missing them from time to time, and she had a pretty bad episode - delirious and passing out and stuff, it only lasted an afternoon, and though she went to the hospital they didn't have to do anything, she came out of it herself - and then gave my sis no trouble in taking future doses!!
Good luck and take care - know that this is fairly common and that those horror stories generally apply to folks who didn't realize for years that they had it.
--Laura

Oh Sparrow! I'm so sorry. My thoughts and vibes and prayers are coming your way, along with an email. :D

Please rest and take good care of yourself. You're young and in good health, and I think you'll recover quickly and fully. ;)

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well Sparrow. Do know you in my thoughts. Do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up in the horror stories (easier said than done, I know). We' pulling for you so hang in there ;)

Oh Sparrow....Sorry to hear that! At least you now have an answer to why you've been feeling lousy and can start the right meds to get better.

Take care!

JJ

Sorry to hear that, Sparrow. Take care of yourself and don't get wrapped up in horror stories about Lyme Disease.

Sending you lots of hugs and quick-recovery-vibes.

I was diagnosed in 2001 and took abx for 9 months, but I have no idea when I got it. Do you know when you were bitten? Anyway, sending healing vibes your way. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Sparrow - how scary for you, but at least you have an answer, like you said. From what I have read about Lyme, as mentioned above, when caught early on, there really aren't horror stories. It is the people who carry if for years, not knowing, that make up the horror stories because it takes such a toll on the body when left untreated. That said, I know a woman who had it for years and years, not knowing. She was finally diagnosed, took tons of antibiotics - very high powered ones for a very long time - and she is the picture of health now. You are doing the best thing by getting treatment now and staying off the internet :) My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin your healing process.

Sorry to hear but glad you know why you've been tired lately. Make sure to follow the docs advise. As long as you know what it is and what its effects are, ITA don't go internet crazy with this.

Do you go back for a checkup periodically after being on the antibiotics for a while?

And while you may feel like your muscles are turning to mush - they are resilient and have memories (or so I've read lately) so once you feel better and get back on track you should tighten right back up again. :D

Keeping good thoughts for you.

That just down right sucks and I truly hope that you feel better soon. I skipped all my trail runs and hikes this summer for fear of getting lyme. When I read your post it freaked me out because I just went on my first trail run this morning. I'm nerotic about ticks, mosquitos, and fleas. I hate any six legged creature that sucks blood. The irony is I have 8 pet tarantulas. Well, take care of yourself. I hear its really hard to diagnoise. Its a good thing your Dr. caught it.

I had 3 rashes - was treated presumptively,no lab work, amoxicillan 3 grams a day for 8 weeks, and the first week was sleepy, as the spirocheet releases it toxin, but nothing ever again...........and I moved out of NJ!

Sparrow, wow, I am so sorry, that must be devastating, but like the others said, stay off the internet and do not listen to the stories...you will heal up nicely, and remember your muscles have memories and you will be back in fighting form very soon!

One of my best riding buddies got it this summer. Does the tick have to be imbedded, or simply crawling on you? I'm not sure how this happens, but I'm constantly in the woods either with trail work or riding my bike.

My friend is making a full recovery and doesn't seem to be affected in the least by the medication or what has happened. Hope everything works out perfectly for you too.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, especially those who know someone or who have had it themselves and made a full recovery. I'm sure I will be back in fighting form before long.

Pesky buggers, those ticks. We are overrun in CT.

Sparrow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.