I got to see Hillary!

Clarissa

Cathlete
I went to see Hillary Clinton the other night in my hometown of Youngstown, Ohio. She was great and spoke on healthcare mostly, and education, and keeping the jobs in the Mahoning Valley (where I live). She seems so sincere and I really look up to her. She is an inspiration and so obviously knowledgeable. Anyway, it was really cool to see such a high profile person in my hometown.

Clarissa

I think that this is an exciting time: we have Hillary and Obama running for president! How cool is that? Talk about diversity!

I just want someone who can convince me they'll get this country back on track. Too many people are surviving on charge cards and too much of my paycheck goes everywhere but in my bank account. I am REALLY worried about this country and concerned for the middle/working class, especially. I want to be proud of us again.

I remember Hillary's plan for healthcare when Bill was president (a disaster with no thought on how to pay for the ridiculous plan!) and too many other controversies with them. I am staying far away.

Lucky you!

IMHO, I think Hillary and her husband are both brilliant. And, I think that the health care system in this country needs a MAJOR overhaul -- I'm just glad that the situation is registering on someone's radar!!

I just want someone who isn't going to tax me to death. I'm afraid of all of them at the moment. It's going to be an interesting year!

>I just want someone who isn't going to tax me to death. I'm
>afraid of all of them at the moment. It's going to be an
>interesting year!

One reason Hillary scares me besides living in fear through her "plan" to reform health care in the beginning of Bill's presidency (1993). Too close to socialized medicine for my tastes besides having to pay more for it.

I heard that and that she wants to make it mandatory for everyone to be a part of it. I don't like anyone telling me I have to buy into their program. I think Obama wants to make it voluntary (but don't quote me on that, I might have them switched). They all have these grand programs that they want to initiate that are going to cost big $$$. Where is the money going to come from? Hmmm... can we say more taxes? My taxes are unbelievable as it is, but being in the real "middle" class, it will most likely be me who gets slammed. I'm just venting here! ;) I'm not for or against anyone yet per say. I need to do more homework before I can make an educated decision.

I am not 100 percent either yet! And I was far too young during Clinton's presidency to know what happened then. I was probably only in 5th grade or something. in any case, I think she is a role model to women, that is all. Like Cathe, you know?

I am not sure about Obama either... not sure if I trust him. We'll see...

Clarissa

Hillary Clinton's plan is to mandate insurance for all Americans. Obama's plan is to mandate it for all children.

Teri Gross of NPR's Fresh Air had an excellent show on this very subject recently. You can hear it on the NPR website. I heard it as a podcast and the guest provided a lot of information about the difference and similarities between the two candidates' plans. He also discussed the Republican plans as well. Check it out!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18910326

Susan L.G.

I prefer Obama because I'm afraid Hillary will destroy an already tattered middle class. And McCain is out because he's hinted he wants war with Iran. Just what we need. We are never going to stop crazy world leaders from having bombs and making threats. There are just too many and nobody has enough money to be world police. This country is already just getting by on credit - quickly headed towards bankruptcy. A while back I worked 12 hours for 14 days just to see what my paycheck would look like. The government took just under HALF so my question is where's the incentive to try? No wonder half the people in my neighborhood do nothing but collect a government check. Pretty soon nobody will have a job and we'll all be sitting around. But none of us will be collecting a check because nobody has a job from which the welfare system may draw the taxes that pay for their programs now. So why did this administration encourage big American businesses to take our jobs overseas, via tax incentives? A traitorous act, as far as I'm concerned. And everybody hates Americans. I was in Greece in October and could FEEL the resentfulness. This country needs a real leader with a plan, some common sense, and that unquantifiable THING all great leaders have, that thing that makes an unimpressed youth get off their butts and want to TRY and save their inheritance. Right now, the youth have an utter lack of urgency. As we approach November I want to see that change and I think Obama's the only one who can pull it off. Will he? That remains to be seen - but I'm watching.

Hey, I don't think you're that much younger than I am! (I'm 30)

Cool that you got to see her, although I don't care for her or her hubby myself. (not into debating though!) I got to meet Bill when he came to my HS during his presidency. I was in the band playing Stars & Stripes Forever (I played piccolo) and he gave me a thumbs up. ;-)

Obama has turned into a rock star....like him or not...do not like the comment by his wife about finally being proud to be an American. I get really protective of our great country and don't like to think anyone who has the priviledge of living here wouldn't be anything less than proud regardless of personal politics. But I am sure she didn't mean it "that way" right?

Hillary has Bill...so at least with the two of them in the White House we would all know what to expect right?

John McCain scares the crap outta me, so does his wife...'nough said...

Hucklebee? He's like the scrappy little fighter that just keeps coming back for more...I cannot imagine him in office, but he's got a "set" if you know what I mean. Well, either a "set" or an "agenda".....

At the end of the day, its a crazy world. Just expressing my humble opinion is all. Something that is tough to do around the subject of politics for sure.

I don't know which way I'll vote quite frankly.

Clarissa, I just wanted to tell you that we're kind of in the same location. I'm in Akron, OH.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for either. :-(

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

>Clarissa, I just wanted to tell you that we're kind of in the
>same location. I'm in Akron, OH.
>
>I'm not sure who I'm voting for either. :-(
>
>*♥´¨)
>¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
>(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥
>
>Smoke free since: 2/05/08

That is cool Jennie - I live in the Poland/Boardman area. Do you know where that is at? My sister lives in Akron near Goodyear and Akron U.

Clarissa

Hi Clarissa!

I'm so envious! I'm a big fan of both Clintons. I think Hilary is a superb role model for women and would make an incredible president.

I guess it's obvious that my vote (at this point in time, anyway) is going to her!

Joyce

I've heard of Boardman, though I've never been there. Your sister doesn't live to far away from me. I'm actually from Barberton, it's only about 10 minutes away from Akron.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

>And I'm snowed-in in Columbus, O.H. (I.O.!)

Glad to see another Buckeye fan here. :)

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.