I Don't Know How You Parents Do It!!

sparrow13

Cathlete
Late this afternoon my sweet nephew took a header down a flight of 13 concrete steps. He's fine, thankfully, just banged up and looking like a ten year old prize fighter with the cuts and bruises and giant egg. My sister was concerned of course but overall was the picture of calm, soothing him, calling the doctor, checking for concussion etc. I take my hat off to the calm parents of the world, because my first reaction was to fly into a panic and insist that he never leave the house again! :D Seriously though, if I had kids I'd want to invest in a ton of bubble wrap and roll them up in it and keep them there forever.

CPS frowns on that though, don't they?? :p

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

I am glad he is ok.

We had our first trip to Er when Rebekkah was about 18 months we pulled our truck to the back of our land and were stacking firewood the girls were climbing up and down off the lawnmower next to the truck and she lost her balance slid down and cut her finger open to this day we do not know what she caught it on but she had to have seven stitches let me tell you it was terrifying now we are calm and assess the situation before we freak out. Lets see we have had to have tp removed from the nose, I thought my son got ahold of a penny and swallowed it it ended up being a ball of tape. a bunch of bumps scrapes and bruises I have twin girls that are tomboys but can dress up like girls and I would have it no other way I want them to be kids and try everything and get down and dirty. My mom is amazed when she sees them climbing up trees and on top of the swingset hanging upside down including my 4 year old already. We just got them real 4 wheelers last year for their birthdays and that is hard now for me but my hubby turned it down so they can not go too fast. Helmets are on their heads I would have it no other way. Now I want one.

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

So sorry about your little nephew! That kind of stuff is always so scary.

My youngest had a febrile seizure about a year and a half ago. I thought she was going to die as I held her poor little body. Thankfully she was okay but after we got home from the hospital I slept with her and would have nightmares about it. I sobbed on and off for days. Somehow you get thru it. Ever since then though she does seem more fragile to me like I need to protect her more, like I've been given a second chance to be with her.

Thankfully in my 6 years of parenting that is the only thing that has sent us to the hospital. We have friends that have 5 kids who are quite literally on a 1st-name basis with the ER dr.!

My 4 year old nephew got his head ran over by a mule (the ATV not animal) a couple of weeks ago. He's fine. He had a tire mark across his face but that was it. My SIL took him to the ER just to make sure he was ok. I paniced I was thinking he has a brain hemorrige (sp) and is going to die but thats just me. I have a 4 year old myself but luckly nothing too bad has happened or I would more than likely panic.

Farrah

I had nightmares about my DD's seizures for months after it happened, and stress for the 4 years afterwards while they tried to figure out why she was always vomiting(in and out of the hospital every 3 months, fun). DS contributes with his stitches, of which I can handle because he was breathing!

But we all survived and they are well on their way to adulthood. Now the worry is teenage driving.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.