I am finally back!

susanz

Cathlete
Some of you may remember me,others may not. I used to log on here A LOT and when we moved about 1.5 years ago I quit. Well for Christmas I got internet again and I am so happy to be back here!
Back in late August and again in late November I had outpatient surgery done to my left leg. I had very bad varicose veins and they are now fixed. My doctor did some new laser work on them and then went in and literally sucked the blood right out of them! I have so much more energy in my legs! Anyway, I couldn't workout as hard as I wanted to for a while and in the meantime gained about 6 pounds. This week I started my tough workouts again and I feel so much better. I did IMAX2 yesterday and boy I was reminded how long it had been! :)
I turn 38 on Jan. 19th. I am really looking forward to this year and being all I can be! Bring it on!!
Happy New Year Everyone!! Susan Z.

I apologize for not remembering you by name, Susan. Maybe if you give a few more facts about you I'll remember. Congrats on the lasar work and getting your internet connection back. I gained 3 lbs. this year and I'm totally at peace with it. 6 lbs. isn't much at all. Welcome back!

No offense intended, but how in the world did you go for 1.5 years without the internet???
-Nancy

I would go to the library and log on now and again! It was hard and I kept pestering my hubby. He had to do some electrical work in the walls in order to get it the way we wanted it. With me bugging him and our daughter bugging him, he finally got to work at it!
I am not fretting too much over the 6 pounds. I just started noticing a lack of tone in my tummy. It was always my pride and joy! When I saw that was drifting away I knew I had to get back at it! I am going to try Cathe's new rotation. Boy it looks like a doozy! Wish me luck!
:D Susan

Susan!

Welcome back.

I'm not sure how ready you are to jump back to where you were. I was off for a little over a year due to family crises needing my focus.

Anyhow I would HIGHLY recommend a CTX rotation to come back. I did it and got wonderful results. I tried to come back a number of times before but burned out each time and ended out not making it a comeback. I did CTX for 4 weeks and then Blast and Intensity. Now I'm doing the new series.

If you are ready for cathe's rotation sounds like you don't need to ease back into it.

Hi Susan!

I also had the leg surgery last year (if you are talking about the endovenous laser surgery)! I recovered quickly but was suprised what an emotional recovery it was for me.

I am so happy to have healthy legs again. I still try to take it easy and no longer use heavy weights for legs.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Yeah, my legs feel brand new, unless someone bumpbs me or our dog jumps on me. It's still a little tender in some spots. However, when I have been working out they feel really good.
I also am going to stay away from hevy weight leg workouts. I seem to get better results from low weight high reps on my lower half. Susan

Susan,

I definitely remember you from the daily check ins! Welcome back!!! I too am looking forward to a great 2006.

Glad to hear you're back in good health. Oh, and Happy early Birthday:+

See you on the forums,

I just have to say Wendy, your daughter is beautiful! How proud you must be! My little girl is now 9 and how I miss those first years!! God bless you and your new family- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.