How are you getting on with your medicine balls...

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi All,

Just wondering how everyone (who has the new VHS Cathe tapes) is getting on with their medicine balls ? Are they quite easy to hold ? Are they used more for balance ???? :-hmmm Do they fit into the palm of the hand ok ?

Thanks

Anna :)

Hi, Anna,

I like mine, but I've also done the workouts without it, and that works pretty well if you're not interested in getting a medicine ball at this time. Most of the exercises can be done with a dumbbell, except the ones where you put the ball between your legs. (You might be able to use ankle weights in some way on these, but I haven't tried it.) Some of them are more comfortable with the ball: in particular, the one where you put the ball on your obliques (if you wear short workout tops, the dumbbell is pretty cold) and the one where you put the ball in your hands and extend it towards your uplifted leg (I have a bruise from hitting myself in the shin with the dumbbell). The ball is also a little easier to hold in general. (You're always holding it with 2 hands, so it doesn't really need to fit in your palm.) I think the actual size of the ball varies a bit, depending on the weight and also on the particular brand you get. So in short, I like it, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. If someone could only afford either a stability ball or a medicine ball, I think the stability ball makes the workouts "more different" than the medicine ball does, if that makes sense.

Audrey

Hi Anna,

I do as much as I can with the ball but honestly, I end up setting it to the side to finish most exercises because it really adds intensity to the ab work!
It's easy to hold, except between my legs (perhaps that may get easier once I have less meaty thighs?), but other than that, it's easy to hold. :)

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

Thanks Audrey and Donna,

It is nice to know that the medicine ball is easy to hold, and isn't going to go crashing into my fireplace ! LOL :7

Anna :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.