How to wash weighted gloves

LauraMax

Cathlete
My gloves, about 2 years old, were getting really really smelly. I tried hand washing them, which didn't much work (basically soaking them in hot water & soap for a couple hours). I was afraid to put them in the clothes washer b/c I didn't want them to burst & get sand all over my clothes.

So I ran them through the dishwasher. It took 2 times, but it seemed to do the trick. Either I saved myself $20 or maybe $15 b/c I had to pay for hot water twice. ;-)

When I have something horsey to wash - like his splint boots or my riding gloves, I put them in and old pillowcase and knot it with a pony tail holder.

Although I don't suppose a pillowcase would keep weighted gloves from bursting and getting sand all over. Sounds like your idea was just the ticket!

Susan L.G.

>When I have something horsey to wash - like his splint boots
>or my riding gloves, I put them in and old pillowcase and knot
>it with a pony tail holder.
>
>Although I don't suppose a pillowcase would keep weighted
>gloves from bursting and getting sand all over. Sounds like
>your idea was just the ticket!
>
>Susan L.G.

A pillowcase also works well for kids' stuffed animals or loveys that are threadbare but need washing due to "illness" or "accidents". (I'll leave it at that; you can figure out what I mean!)x(

Your post motivated me to wash my gloves (like you, I tried hand washing. I also tried spraying with various odor removers, and hanging them out in the sun--which worked well on a blanket that was sprayed on by a male cat, that I had hung out until I took it to clean at the laundromat). I washed mine once already with my black 'gentle cycle' workout wear, but another wash might be in order (this time with some white vinegar).

I didn't have to worry about sand, because I have Irowear gloves, with heavy rubber weights in that don't shift or leak.

Hi

I washed my Iron wear gloves in the sink with warm water and woolite
type soap works well, but you do have to squeeze the gloves and rinse
a few times:) Brigitte

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.