Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

How many calories do you eat a day?

This is a discussion on How many calories do you eat a day? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Interesting thread! So, after reading what everyone eats calorically in a day, I wonder why it seems that those that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Cathlete
dmd's Profile Fields

Default RE: How many calories do you eat a day?

Interesting thread!

So, after reading what everyone eats calorically in a day, I wonder why it seems that those that eat more ( 1700-2300 cals a day) are more satisfied with their body weight and struggle less to keep weight off.

Does anyone else notice this? Maybe those who are eating more calories are simply taller and more muscular.

dmd
Old 09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned
pink_fortitude's Profile Fields

I am only 5'4 and eat a tremendous amount of calories, almost twice as much as half of the people posting here, including the taller ones, and probably more muscular.

Missy
Old 09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Cathlete
smoogy's Profile Fields

Missy, you brought on a good point about the lower calories & starvation mode. I started BFFM and was shocked to see I ate so few calories (yet I'm not skinny). So I've been increasing my calories with difficulty to at least 1600 or above. I feel a little pudgier after about 3 weeks but also more solid. I may not be burning fat but my starving muscles are getting some attention. So I made up my mind to just see it through the initial weight gain (at least I hope it's initial) and see how it goes.

I would like to see a sample menu of what you eat to see how I can get those extra calories without feeling stuffed. Would you mind emailing me? I would really appreciate it.

Marla:)
Old 09-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Cathlete
materialsgirl's Profile Fields

Missy, you bring up a good point about starvation mode... however, I don't think I could possibly eat any more food! I would be stuffed to the gills all the time (and I HATE that feeling of being so stuffed I might explode). I eat when I'm hungry, and sometimes even when I'm NOT hungry just because I know I should have something every 3 hours. I'm not sure what else I can do short of stuffing myself silly. Or eating fattening junk food because it would be more calorie-dense. Is it possible, given my genetically slow metabolism, and my short stature, that my body is happy with only 1700 calories a day?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Cathlete

Stuffed on 1600 calories. Wow. I wish i could feel stuffed one 3,000!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:02 AM
DeCathelete

I zig-zag/stagger like Jane and Jes.

My high calorie day is 2182. My 20-30% deficit range is from 1527 to 1746.

Wendy
Old 09-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Catheite

icklemoley, I am so with you. I wish I could feel full eating so little. I used to be able to eat a lot less (1800 cals a day), but since Cathe, there's just no way. I am so relieved to hear of women who are eating so much and maintaining! I guess that's what I've been doing these past few weeks. I'd try to eat in the lower range (1800-2000) and could do it for 3 days max. Then a serious binge would happen. The calories I was consuming in the binges definitely put me eating a lot more a week and I hadn't gained anything. So, I guess I really can eat more than I thought. It just seems so hard to believe!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:57 PM
DeCathelete
kathryn's Profile Fields

Somewhere between 10 and 10,000.
(I don't keep track, and eat mostly natural, whole foods, so don't worry about it).

^. .^
> ^ <

5k racewalking PR: 34:42 (11/26/11)
Old 09-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Cathlete
smoogy's Profile Fields

But you are male aren't you? Also, it's hard to eat a ton of calories if you eat a ton of veggies. I love all vegetables except beets. Guess I have to load up on more whole grains and fats.

Marla:9
Old 09-21-2005, 01:17 PM
DeCathelete
nancy324's Profile Fields

I'm packing away ridiculous numbers of calories each day and somehow maintaining. Last night I had a 1000 calorie ice cream snack before I went to sleep. That was after eating all my regular meals. And that wasn't the only snack I had. But when I weigh myself at the gym on the weekends, it's always the same, except I weigh more when I'm doing a lot of strength training, but I think that's just muscle. I'd like to lose a few lbs., but it seems like I never lose or gain. Can't figure it out, but I'm pretty content. I just hope I can stay like this when menopause finally hits.

-Nancy

Ted Baxter: It's actually tomorrow in Tokyo. Do you realize that there are people alive here in Minneapolis who are already dead in Tokyo?