How long have you worked out w/ Cathe?

Barbie

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-03 AT 05:07PM (Est)[/font][p]After reading the age (not that it matters) thread, I realized that I started working out with Cathe's tapes just last October!
It seems like I've been doing them SO much longer! The changes in my body composition are unbelievable for such a short amount of time! 6 months ago I could have never finished MIC and IMax!
I'm not exactly breezing through them, but what would have been impossible 6 months ago is now possible! I'm really psyched just thinking about this!

Well, enough about me. So, this leads me to my question. How long have you been working out with Cathe? What can you do now (since doing Cathe workouts) that you only dreamed about before?

October 2002 - and the first Cathe workout I ever did, and did 2X per week for a LONG time, was Interval Max. I was too dumb to know any better.

Now, I have an all DVD collection of Rhythmic Step-I-Max-MIC, PowerHour-MIS-Body Max, all of CTX, CircuitMax and Cardio Kicks, and Ab Hits, and am desperately seeking the Intensity Series DVD's. I tried doing her earlier (pre 1998) workouts but found them to be too easy; IMHO after I-Max, MIC and Circuit Max anything is easy!

A-jock

I got PowerMax from Collage in 1995, then StepHeat and BodyMax the next year, then I bought MIS and MIC and IMax. Then I bought everything the minute it came out and went back and bought StepFit...Now I have them all except the really old stuff like Mega Step Blast, the Wedding Video, StepJam. I really don't want that old-fashioned step stuff and I feel embarassed for Cathe wearing those 80s outfits!!

Cathe is the best.

Wow, cool thread. I never stop marvelling at the things I can do since I began strength training. I started with Kathy Smith a couple of years ago and did the twenty minute timesaver workout without weights. It nearly killed me. I can now (almost) keep up with Cathe's videos (most of the time). I can lift more weight over my head (many, many times) than I used to be able to raise off the ground (once). In addition, I can shop for cute clothes (in regular stores, not fat lady stores), go out in public without shame, eat at a buffet without feeling I'm being stared at, wear a bathing suit in public without wearing a t-shirt, see people I haven't seen since high school without trying to duck down a different aisle in Wal-Mart before they see me, have a much better time on vacations, and just enjoy life in general more.

Since October 2002, and I LOVE them !!!!!!! Cathe rocks !!!!!!!!!
and she is helping my saddlebags to whittle into shape !!! I can sort of lift a barbell (only been doing that since late November) and I never ever thought I would see the day I would go out and purchase one. I also live in a hilly area, and I know longer find walking uphill an exhausting experience, ie.tired legs, huffing and puffing, etc.

Anna :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-03 AT 06:54PM (Est)[/font][p]1996, I'm pretty sure. It could have been '95 -- whatever year Cathe got married, which I think was '96. The Wedding video is the first one I ordered and it was brand-new.

Hey Mogambo, I love looking at those old '80's and early '90's outfits -- they're a riot and it's fascinating to look at Cathe and her crew to see how their physiques have evolved.

I am stronger, faster, fitter and just generally feel better about myself physically in every way, thanks to Cathe. And I mean to keep improving!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

RE: THE AZORES.......

Run4fun,

Do you mean the Azores in the middle of the Atlantic ???

What is the weather like there ? Just wondering, because the Atlantic is quite a wild ocean ! Is it as windy as they say ?

Anna :)

February 2002 was my first Cathe. I ordered the CTX DVD and just gave it a whirl. I was humbled, but in love immediately! Never had a workout been that hard or that much fun before. Seems like a dichotomy, but it's true! By April of that year, I owned all of Cathe's DVDs! Can't wait for the Intensity Series!

I have been working out with Cathe since 1994. Mega Step Blast was my first tape. I was hooked after that! I have bought every workout that Cathe has produced since......I consider her my personal trainer!

I bought my first Cathe tape(MIC) when my daughter was 1,so it's been about 5 years now.She's really helped get me back in shape after both babies. I'll be 35 in 2 weeks and thanks to Cathe I feel as young as ever!
I never thought I'd be able to run 7 miles with out passing out but I think Cathe's tapes have really helped me! She has also helped me become stronger on the inside and more confident! Susan

I first bought a Cathe tape in around March 2001 I think? The first one was MIC. I TOTALLY hated it, and sold it, I didn't like it at all...then after thinking about it, I decided I didn't give it a fair shake, so about April 2002 I think I bought Cardio Kicks and loved it, but I was still really involved with the FIRM.. but since then, i have alot more DVD's and I love Cathe! (Ab hits,Cardio hits,bm dvd coming to me now in the mail!)

BTW, MIC is one of my favorite Cathe videos now :) I guess it was just a shocker to exercise with an instructor that was personable, because I was used to FIRM cold-style cueing "right..left..pump it"
:)
Jaime

HUMMM, must be something wrong with me I sorta still like the old step videos of Cathe's. Mega Step Blast and Step Max and Step Heat and all that stuff. Glad it's still around.

Edith

I started about 2 years ago (I think!). I was doing a holiday challenge on the old firm forum & one of the women hooked us all up with Secret Sisters. My Secret Sister sent me -- out of the goodness of her heart -- the Pure Strength Series. I couldn't believe how nice she was! Then I tried the first tape & knew she wasn't nice, she was trying to kill me. LOL Seriously, I now own almost all of Cathe's tapes--just traded NYC Ballet Workout for MIC!!! How about that for a trade?!

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

1994 - And though I also own many other tapes - I have primarily done Cathe since having discovered Mega Step Blast. After I bought that video I eagerly awaited each new Collage catalog hoping there would be another Cathe tape!

I am going to say 4 yrs.When I started working out again, I started running and Keli Roberts.You know what......I think I may have had my first Cathe tape about the same time that JFK's plane went down.So how long ago was that? Or it could have been the summer before that?
My first tape was Body Max.Couldn't do all of it, can now.Couldn't do triceps push ups.Can now.I can do all of interval max, most days.And I can do full body push ups.I did squats today for the first time with a 50lb barbell.Wasn't to bad.And I am sure that Cathe as helped me with running.Alot of her tapes are endurance related.
Lori

For just over a year now..I started with the All Step video that came along with the Step. I got dizzy just watching the tape. After a couple of tries however, I was able to complete All Step .That was one thing I never even dreamed of when I watched the tape for the first time!And what a workout!!Thanks to Cathe!!
I just ordered the CTX DVD and it should reach me next week-I'm soooo excited, especially after reading all the rave reviews here about the CTX series!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.