How High is A High Step?

Boingo

Cathlete
I was looking into getting a high step. And wondering, how many risers are used in Cathe's High Step workouts?

It appears that most standard models (including the one on Cathe's website) come with 4 risers and are 12 inches tall. The ones they use on the videos seem taller? Where would you get the extra riser?

I currently use the highest setting on my Reebok step for the workouts (10 inches) and modify with extra weight, or squatting lower. I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the High Step or just continue modifying...

Thanks in advance for your help!!

~Chris

Usually Cathe uses 5 risers. I bought a high step with 4 risers, and add a riser from my original step. You can get extra risers to raise it up as well. Whether it's worth it or not, is up to you.

A high step can be as high as you want. That's the beauty of it. I use all four of my risers--Cathe usually uses 5 but I don't have that many and I think 4 works just fine (plus I have tweaky knees anyway).

In many of her dvd's Cathe will change the amount of risers she's using based on the move. Sometimes she does cardio with the High Step as well and for that she never uses more than 2 risers (if I remember correctly).

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

You can buy individual risers for $12.50 each at www.fitness1st.com

For leg presses, Cathe uses 5 risers to make the total height 14". The exception of this is Muscle Endurance where she and the cast are using 6 risers (16"). I find having 6 risers great because then you can use 3 on each side of your club step for bench work. Also, being able to have your high step at 16" is more comfortable for sitting on for upper body work. Being only 5'2", I'd never use the full 16" height for leg presses.

Diane

Thanks for your advice..!

I'm really thinking I want the High Step. I have a $100 GC to amazon.com and I think this is what I'm going to use it for.

So here's another question...

I went to the Fitness first website, and am wondering if the black risers fit the Club High Step?

Does anyone know, or should I contact the website?

Thanks again!
Chris

Yes, the risers for the Club Step will fit the Club High Step. If in doubt, you can always call Fitness 1st or inquire by email.

Cathe uses different heights in different workouts and for different purposes. Sometime she uses 14", sometimes 16", and sometimes 12".

You should use what works best for you, regardless of what Cathe and the crew use. That would be no higher than what puts your leg at a 90-degree angle for step-ups, and whatever height is comfortable for seated moves.

I use anywhere from 10"to 14" when doing step-ups (depending on how much weight I'm using, the speed of the moves, and what I feel like doing that day). I use 16"-20" for other moves (like rows with one hand on the high step, seated moves, etc.)

Cathe uses different heights in different workouts and for different purposes. Sometime she uses 14", sometimes 16", and sometimes 12".

You should use what works best for you, regardless of what Cathe and the crew use. That would be no higher than what puts your leg at a 90-degree angle for step-ups, and whatever height is comfortable for seated moves.

I use anywhere from 10"to 14" when doing step-ups (depending on how much weight I'm using, the speed of the moves, and what I feel like doing that day). I use 16"-20" for other moves (like rows with one hand on the high step, seated moves, etc.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.