How to get spray paint off glass!

coloradomama

Cathlete
I am telling everyone I know about this...my car was vandalized last night. When I went to my car to leave for work, I found that someone had spray painted my rear window. Turns out that someone had done this to several cars in my neighborhood. Ugh! I was not looking forward to damaging the glass trying to scrape the paint off with a razor blade and I didn't want to spend a ton of money paying a glass company to take care of it.

Guess what worked? GASOLINE! My neighbor, who also had his window sprayed, tried it on his rear window and it worked great so he cleaned mine as well. No damage to the window or car!

I know this is way off topic but I thought that I would share this tidbit in case this happens to someone else in the future. It might save someone a lot of aggravation.

I'm glad to be able to help. We were shocked that it worked. I was going to see if my boss would let me take a little acetone home from work (I work with chemists) but the gasoline worked and didn't damage the paint on the car.

Goof Off. Get it at Home Depot, or Lowe's. It gets everything off anything. Paint on glass is an easy one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.