How to get in egg whites when not at home?

lovebeingmom

Cathlete
I bought some egg beaters

can I nuke them. I eat lots of meals at work. i'm wondering if I can put egg whites with veggies in the microave to cook and eat

i have done it with full eggs, but I bought a carton of egg whites and wondering if it works the same?

can I make mini cups of egg whites with veggies in muffin tins and then reheat them too?

I've used the carton-egg whites in the microwave -- they work the same as real eggs (they are real eggs minus the yolks).

I've not thought about making them ahead in the oven in muffin tins ... I'll have to give a try. Thanks, Deb

Yep, you can nuke 'em. I like to get the bags of frozen veggies (stir fry, broccoli & cauliflower, etc) and cook them til not frozen & then add the eggbeaters/ egg whites to make an *omelet*.

I've read of recipes using muffin tins, so let me know if they turn out well!! I think I had a recipe from the SBD at one time, I'll look and see if I can find it!

Oh, Allison! You beat me to it! I was going to copy that recipe here as well! I make these each and every Sunday to have on hand for the entire week! They are DA BOMB!

Gayle

And there are SO many different variations for this recipe too. Broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, mozarella, cheddar, taco cheese! OH YUMMY!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.