How do you use X10?

Now that X10 has been out for awhile, I was curious about how others are using this workout? Do you find that you just do the entire workout or are you using the individual workouts as add-ons to other workouts? Or both?

I just received X10 and I will probably do the whole thing the first time through just to see what the workouts are like, but I was wondering how most people use this one most of the time?

Thanks.

US Cathletes: Have a fun 4th of July Holiday

Last edited:
I LOVE X10--I use it both ways. I will do X77 on weekends, I will do one of the hour long premixes as my cardio on M-F. This week I did 4DS Shoulders, Calves and Core and instead of 4DS Low Intensity Step cardio I did X10 Cardio Blast. I also use it as doubles workout (a second shorter workout after work since I do my hour long workouts first thing in the morning)--for doubles, I'll just do one of the workouts, or one of the short premixes that combines two of them.

There is no buyers remorse with that workout! One of my absolute favorites--so versatile.

X10 is my favorite workout! Sometimes I do X77 as my workout for the day, but most of the time I use it in sections and then add on a strength w/o afterwards. This week I did step and low impact followed by flex train, what a w/o!! Yesterday I did the fat burning circuit followed by supercuts. I really like that I can get a little cardio prior to a strength w/o.

X10

I like to use it for a cardio blast after a weight training workout, but, since most sections also use weights in the second half, I will just do the first 6-7 min of the step, the low impact and the high/lo sections - that way, its all pure cardio and no added weights. Its a great cardio blast after weights! :D

I love the flexibility - I sometimes choose based on my available time and/or energy level on a given day. I love having all the options. It's great to do the whole thing. Awesome workout!

I like to do 3 or 4 sections for a workout. It depends how much energy I have! I did notice in one of Cathe's rotations that she added a section of it on the end of GG and LLA. I usually add on 300 walking lunges after those, but maybe I'll start using X10 that way. It's such a fun workout and I usually do it at once a week.

Beth

I love everything about X10 that has already been mentioned here, with the exception of one thing: X77. I know that many people love it, but it is just not for me. Doing the entire workout felt like I was punishing my body and I didn't enjoy it. I could definitely do it (thanks to training with Cathe all these years), but it just felt like too much extreme fitness for one workout and left me feeling wiped out instead of my usual post-workout high. Maybe it was an off day for me, but I just wanted to say that even though I personally don't enjoy the entire workout together, I LOVE choosing one of the segments as an add-on to weight workouts and I LOVE the shorter premixes for stand alone cardio workouts. The variety available from this DVD is incredible no matter how you choose to use it.

I do the premixes, usually one of the 40-something or 50-something ones, depending on how much time I have. Great for fitting in a shorter workout when my schedule implodes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.