Holy SNOW!

Sissy1983

Cathlete
Just when we thought this year was going to be a dud like last year, HERE IT IS!! We have about 2 feet in western MA! How about anywhere else??

My car got stuck in the snow twice yesterday while trying to get home from work. It took a lot of effort by many to get me out both times. It really was a snow day for many. My kids are loving it! Even my teen has been out 'playing' in the snow.

An hour ago it was reported 28 inches in my area. And it's still coming. Fortunate that I still have power.

Nasty storm, just waiting for my power to go out :(. It just started snowing about 5 hours ago, can't see a thing already. The winds are fierce.

I'm out on rockland county NY and we have about 13 inches. Still have power thank goodness! Stay safe you all!

10" plus inches of new snow in West MI as of Friday morning. Dug out with power.
Those in New England, please be safe. If Jim Cantore is in your area, you know it's bad.
New appreciation for my trip to Dallas in 10 days.

I'm in New Haven CT...we have 34" or so, with 4'+ in drifts in my driveway. My normally busy street is under a thick blanket.

It's 2pm now, it stopped snowing around 8 a.m. I haven't seen a plow yet; I understand most of them are stuck somewhere or if they can drive, they are cleaning major arteries and roads around the hospitals. All roads in the entire state are closed, no travel allowed at all, excepting emergency personnel & vehicles.

My husband is on the fire department here, and had to work the overnight last night. He said that the fire engines and trucks got stuck all over town. They would have to wait for Public Works payloaders to come assist them. Then he had to walk home from work this morning - streets not plowed yet! Poor DH is sleeping now, but I'm sure will be out sledding before night falls.

My son's 11th birthday is tomorrow - we were supposed to have his party tonight ... just a sleepover, but no one can get here! Even though he's playing in the snow, he's still a little sad.

We're all safe, we have electricity, and plenty of food to last a few days if needed.

Hope everyone else fares well. Stay safe! Clear any snow from outside vents to prevent CO buildup in your homes! If you live near a fire hydrant, help out your community by shoveling out around it.

Same amount (~2ft) here central MA. I had to work this .morning. It made
for an interesting drive in at 6:00 Am

I live in North Carolina. I dropped an ice cube on the floor earlier but thankfully still have power :p!

Seriously, I hope everyone up there is safe and bundled up! If we had snow like that down here it would paralyze the natives!

Northeastern Connecticut here. Shoveled three foot drifts off my deck so my poor dogs could get out. I wore my heart rate monitor and I burned 504 calories! Thanks Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.