Hilton Head

jharris35

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. Next month we are taking our first trip to Hilton Head and I'm trying to book a hotel. My problem is I keep reading hotel reviews and they are making me nervous of booking something that stinks.

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel on Hilton Head? Preferably with an indoor pool. (in case of inclement weather, DD needs her swimming).
I'm stuck between the Westin and Crowne Royal.

Thanks,
Jenn

Jenn - I have stayed at the Westin on business (I actually planned a conference there for my company). They do have an indoor pool and 2 outdoor pools. It was a very nice hotel and the staff there were helpful. My room was at the very end of the left side of the "U" on the third floor and the meetings were on first floor all the way on the other side. I got into a habit of actually walking down the hallways with my heels in hand because my feet just couldn't take it. I can vouch for their cushy carpet too. If I had to make a complaint, I would just say that the hotel itself is a little old and you could tell in the actual rooms. They were kept up fine, but you could tell it was an older hotel - even the door to the my room look dated and didn't want to open and close without some effort, but it gave it a bit of charm I suppose. ;)

I have stayed at he Westin too. You will not be disappointed IMO.

HHIsland is our favorite family vacation spot! We tend to rent a house near the beach if possible. You can try Resort Quest, but I doubt you will find an affordable house with an indoor pool.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Have fun Jenn!

Our annual summer vaca is in Traverse City, MI.
I feel kinda bad going to the same place every year but we always have such a nice time.
We go with what we know works.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.