hemerroid surgery

I never had the surgery, but I sure suffered quite a few flare ups. The last one I had, I probably should have seen a doctor! To answer your question, I don't know anything about them except my mother had surgery done over 30 years ago and I just remember she had a hard time sitting for a while and the sitz bath and the donut.

I really am sorry you're going through this, I just had a flare up and it truly is no laughing matter. The pain was excruciating. I went to the doctor and he said that I didn't need surgery and it would go away on its own, and he was right. He said there is nothing that will make it go away quicker, it has to run its course. I hope you get relief soon.

I've had two loved ones go through the surgery, and both said that it was a terrible recovery.... worse than the hemorrhoids. One of those two had a recurrence of the hemorroids, so it was definitely not worth it for him.

As someone who has given birth, I've experienced my share of them too. I said something to my doctor once about surgery and his response was that the surgery wasn't worth it unless the hemorrhoids were so terrible that you couldn't live your life comfortably for extended periods of time. Fortunately mine have never reached that level of pain or discomfort.

Good luck!

My husband had them for years, same issues, pain, bleeding etc, and went in on an outpatient basis and had something done kind of described as "rubber-band" type of removal. He was out in about 30 minutes, and he said he wished he would have done it years earlier.

My husband had them for years, same issues, pain, bleeding etc, and went in on an outpatient basis and had something done kind of described as "rubber-band" type of removal. He was out in about 30 minutes, and he said he wished he would have done it years earlier.

Hi fox2star, can you tell us more about his experience? How long was the recovery? Was he able to exercise afterwards? TIA.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.