HELP - Music in SL&A

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hey folks --

Does anybody know the name (or original artist) of that instrumental music in Strong Legs & Abs that accompanies the lunges (early in the tape)? This is driving me nuts. I hadn't done SL&A in a long time and love that music, but I am just drawing a blank on it.

Thanks everybody!

Kathy S.

Hi, I'm not listening to it right now, but I know one section is Legs by ZZ Top and another one is, I think, Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer. I know the ZZ Top song is pretty early in the workout.

Hi Kelley and thanks --

It's not either one of those. It's the music Cathe uses for the warmup set of lunges.

Anybody know what it is?

Kathy S.

I know the name of the song is Rock & Roll, Part II but I don't know the name of the artist. I do know that the song has been played to death at NHL Hockey games. I'll ask my husband if he know the artist, he probably does.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-01 AT 11:04PM (Est)[/font][p]Thanks a bunch! It would be wonderful to know the artist so that I can track it down.

You may be wondering why I'm so fixated on this particular music. Well, Forum regulars know that I am crazy about my boys. :) At my older son Alex's bar mitzvah last year, the disc jockey used that music to introduce Alex at the beginning of the party. The DJ lined all the kid guests up in two big chunks with a "tunnel" in between, and dimmed the lights except for the rotating disco ball, got everybody rocking and clapping to that song, and then bellowed "ARE YOU READY? I SAID AREEEEEE YOUUUUUUU READYYYYY??? THEN LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR YOUR BAR MITZVAH BOY, ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!" And then Alex entered to hysterical cheering like Elvis entering the building, shaking hands with the guys and hugging the girls all down the line. The adults were howling, the music was blaring with the bass so heavy the floor was shaking, and Kenny and I had tears streaming down our faces all the while grinning so broadly it hurt.

It was an absolute hoot and I've always wondered since then what that music was called. I want the DJ (different one this time) at my second son's bar mitzvah next year to do the same thing for him. So imagine my surprise when I did SL&A the other night for the first time in a long while and discovered it right there in the lunge warmup! You see how multi-purpose Cathe tapes really are?? Woo hoo!!

Kathy S.

FOUND IT!

It's by Gary Glitter, and it is indeed called Rock and Roll, Part Two, just like sandovlj said.

I swear Google.com will find anything.

Thanks again sandovlj!

Kathy S.

Hi,

The Artist who had a huge hit in the 70's with "Rock & Roll Part 11" was Gary Glitter & his Glitter Band.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.