Help with Leaning out Quick!!!!

slenamond

Cathlete
I only have nine days til a wedding I am in. What can I do these last 9 days to really lean out, lose water, etc.?

Should I lose some carbs and focus on protein? Should I eliminate heavy lifting in order for my muscles not to swell and hold water? It seems right now I am holding a lot of water although I am drinking water as I should. Please help me.

Now, I am no expert! ;-) But from what I read in my Oxygen Mag., when the girls are getting ready for say a model shoot? They decrease their carbs and increase protein. The also eliminate salts from their diets and actually the last few days before cut back on the water a bit.
As far as training they tend to increase the cardio and do lighter,more endurance type, ,weight training. Hope this helps! Susan

I'm experimenting with this. I'm into my 2nd week. Very low carbs and more protein. I've never been one to advocate this type of diet. Last week, I saw Dr. Atkins on Larry King and some of what he was saying made some sense. I went to his website and did some research. Although I'm not strictly following his plan, I have eliminated bread, pasta and rice from my diet, which is really hard for me. I love pasta and can eat 4 servings at one time. I'm still drinking lots and lots of water, in the bathroom every 30 min. :) I've lost around 5 lbs. Some of this is water, but my clothes are fitting looser. So I'm thinking, hmm, maybe there is something to this. I'm still not sold on the idea to totally drop carbs because we need those for energy. But I don't think I need as many as I was consuming. I'm loading up on dark greens, salads, tuna. Like I said this is only my 2nd week. I just wanted to see for myself if this would work for me.

Sharon

That is what I decided to do!! How funny. I am doing the induction phase of Atkins. I do not think this is the way to go long terms but I need to do something fast. I'll let you know!!! Sharon

Hi Kristi, I haven't noticed any difference yet. I'm an instructor and teach T-F 2 classes a day, plus what I do at my home. I'm trying to be very aware if I notice any changes, I'll adjust. I'm not lowering my carbs to the level that the Adkins diet advocates, 20 gr. a day. I'm just really watching my bread and grain intake because I could eat my weight in those. I'm filling up on veggies and proteins. Breakfast is the hardest because I usually have oatmeal or cereal and the only thing I can think to eat is eggs. Too many of those aren't good either. Like I said, I'm only experimenting with this and I've been wanting to drop at least 10 lbs. anyway. When I add back in pasta and grains, I'll try to really watch how much I eat.

Sharon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.