Has anyone tried Ryka K1094 (studio flex mid)?

WRITER

Cathlete
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying these primarily for step. Has anyone tried them? Do they have good cushioning and support? TIA!

I have the low version and I love it. I jump rope and they are light with great cushioning. I'm thinking of getting the mid myself.

ryka

I have been wanting to try a pair of the low studio Rykas, but can't find them around here. I didn't want to buy a pair not knowing if they are cushy enough. I might give them a try now!!! They are cool looking too.

I would not recommend these shoes because they caused a lot of problems for me. They are too high and narrow in the ankle/heel area, and they caused so much pain, discomfort/damage that I had to stop stepping for a couple of weeks, switch to another pair of shoes and another form of exercise. I even went to my podiatrist thinking that I had pulled my achilles tendon or had a bone spur. He took one look at my shoes and confirmed it was the shoes causing the problem.

The shoes do not provide adequate cushioning in the heel either.

I have read other posts on shoes and see that finding the right pair of shoes is really an individual process. But, I just wanted to let you know my experience, and tell you to make sure you keep your receipt and box so that you can return them if you have the same problem as I did.

Thanks for adding your experience MelanieC -- I am hoping to get several views before making a decision.

Is it the mid ankle height of the shoe that caused the pain?

Yes - I believe it is the ankle height that caused the problem, and I also felt that part of the shoe was too narrow (the back of the shoe, upper ankle support).

Thanks for your response! I've worn other Ryka "mid" styles, so maybe my ankles can handle them.

It's clear that if I do try these, I will need to order from a place that has free returns if they don't work out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.