Has anyone done The Firm 90 day rotation?

JR

I am considering doing The Firm's 90 day rotation calendar. It sounds like a nice change of pace and I'd like to get more use out of my Firm tapes than I am now. But, of course, I have a few misgivings and I'd love to have input from some experienced Cathe users. Can anyone answer me this: After using the 90 day rotation calender workout Did you feel "burned out" after doing weight work so frequently? Do you think the Firm's "more weights, less aerobics" philosophy panned out as far as body shaping and fat burning are concerned? I'd like to hear from some MIS and PS series users on this. One thing that has always kind of bugged me about the Firm is the aerobics just aren't tough enough or long enough in the "Total Body" tapes and crosstrainers. I always feel a bit short changed. (Maybe it's just fear of fat creeping on due to lack of Catheing) Maybe I could integrate some Cathe tapes. I am afraid of losing the aerobic and strength gains I have sweated so hard for with the everpopular IntervalMax and MIC. Also, I hate to start at the "intermediate level" that The Firm recommends. I think I could jump into Int/Adv level. (At least I hope so.) Thanks for reading and I can't wait to hear from you "buffies" out there.

FIRM 90 day

I'm sorry I can't give any suggestions. I do agree that the FIRM is no where near as tough as Cathe, and I would miss Cathe too for 90 days. Although now I am preggo and so sick I can't even think about working out...anyway I had a question for you. I've never heard of the FIRM 90 day rotation. Is there anywhere I can get info on it? I am curious as to lots of weights, little aerobics, that you talk about. Thanks
Andrea

Firm rotation

I tried the Firm rotation for 4 weeks. I did weeks 9-12. While I wouldn't consider myself a "buffie,"
happy.gif
I can certainly give you some feedback! While I enjoy doing The Firm, doing it for even 4 weeks in a row was too much for me (in terms of not enough variety). In contrast, I've done the PS series for 7 straight weeks right now, and I'm going to have to force myself to change rotations! I really didn't look forward to working out as much as I usually do, and I wasn't comfortable using weights every day (even though I alternated light with heavy as was recommended). I prefer slower and heavier. As far as results go, I *may* have noticed a little more definition in my legs, but I'm not sure if that was just wishful thinking. I actually gained two pounds over that 4 weeks, and I don't think it was muscle (I'm at the lower end of normal for my height). It didn't make a difference in my size. Having said that, I know that there are some people who were able to really increase their motivation by doing the Firm rotation. And some saw much more dramatic results than I did. I didn't lose any cardio or strength, but I didn't gain any, either. I think it's just a matter of doing what works best for you. You can always try it for a week or two to see if you like it, and if you don't, at least you're not guessing!
happy.gif

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.