Hardcore Rotation Checkin for Finally Friday Dec 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

This morning I only had time to do P90 Masters Sculpt 5-6, as I'm working the early shift. My supervisor wants me to pick up the checks at 6:45 am for the 7:00 am shift. I like working the early shift ....especially on Fridays! I used my Platemates again and was able to go heavier on everything! I like them, but they are for round dumbbells and I have hex bells....so I called the place and they're ordering me the correct ones. They didn't have them when I bought them and they told me these would work, but when you set them on the floor, the plates fall off.

I guess the girls on Videofitness are raving about the DVD I did today. It has a lot of innovative moves and everyone over there loves it. I guess it's the best out of the series so far. Some of the different moves are rotating bent over lat rows (circular), bicep curls in a chair lying like you're on an incline bench (hard to explain), Scarecrows with an overhead press (I don't know how to explain Scarecrows, but they are from P90X) and 21's for the biceps with arms turned out. A lot of people like it also because the exercises are sequenced so you can go very heavy and do less reps. He does a lat move, chest move, then a shoulder move, then an tricep move etc.....in one giant set. He does 3 giant sets like that. The leg work on this is a bit weak and you don't use weights (that's why Plyo Legs is in the series I guess), but he does do some unique (Beachbody exclusive moves), a Russian one legged squat where you balance on one leg and place a bottle cap behind your foot on the floor and keep squatting down and picking it up for 25 reps and then you do one legged squats with plyo movement.

Anyway, sorry to be lengthy this morning (and to think I'm in a hurry)....that's scary LOL!

I wish some of you ladies liked Tony and had P90X. I'd like to do a P90X and Cathe Rotation this Winter. I guess I could always do it alone....or join you ladies in the Slim Series again.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll check back later.

ETA: the above workout would even be better for people without injuries like me....as I can't do pushups (except on the wall), so I have to sub chest flyes and presses for some of those unique moves he does and also, I can't do over the head military presses which he combines with the scarecrows and I bet it makes for a killer shoulder workout.

I love the subject line today...."Finally Friday" as that is exactly how I feel.

This morning I did RS and some tricep work. I'll run later and do some bicep work.

Lora - That sounds like a really good workout...I'm so darned curious, yet I'm nervous about trying them. Would hate if I didn't like it...know what I mean? We'll see...

Diane Sue - Yeah...I think I'll get Circuit Max next. Thanks for the recommendation!!

I think I'm going to have a rather crazy weekend...I've got a lot of late night activities and I'm not really a late night person..this should be interesting.

~Marietta
FITXME
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hello Ladies,

I am having a problem with an employee and it causing me much stress. I have been so busy I don't think I even cheked in yesterday! I will be letting this person go today which is never fun to do but has to be done. I have been sticking with my SS workouts and adding cardip and heavy uppser body. This routine can be lengthy but I divide it up over the day.

So anyone doing anything for new years eve? I for one have decided to stay home and watch movies and workout :) I hate being out on the road with all the drunk people. I was hit by a drunk driver 2 years ago and it wasn't on new years eve but I am still paranoid.

Lora-I have thought about a p90x rotation but here so many mixed reviewsthat I am not willing to put out the money for them I keep looking on ebay for a good deal but I have yet to see one. I know I will always stay with freestyle for lower body as that has worked like a charm for me:) And for Nicole as well. Susan I believe has good results with this as well.
Susan-I think Iam going to order the jollie weights.
Marietta-Sounds like you are a party animal this weekend :) Maybe you could catch a nap during the day.
Dallas-I hope your cold is better
Ok I have to go get payroll ready and meet an employee to train her on a new client. I will check back later.

Terri

Good Morning Everyone!

Lora ~ That sound like some workout! I'm like Terri and Marietta and just not sure about shelling out the money for them, but I do look on ebay for some good deals periodically.

Marietta ~ What's your big plans? I've been really wanting to try RS with my new step. Maybe this weekend. I feel a little better today, so I'll probably do a SS DVD and see how I feel after that.

Terri ~ Sorry you've been stressed. I hope it all works out for you. I know what you mean about driving home on New Year's Eve. We just have a 10 minute ride from my in-laws, but I hate being on the road at all that night.

Diane Sue ~ Sounds like you're having fun with the grandkids. Do you ever have them all at once? My in laws just had five for the sleepover. :eek: I don't know how they do it. Their house is always turned upside down, but they never mind.

Happy New Year's everyone!

Dallas

Marietta - I think you'd have to do any P90 Masters DVD twice if you want REALLY intense. That's the only problem I have with them....they are all about 45 to 50 minutes long. However, sometimes I prefer it that way, as they are good for time-crunched days. Lately, I've been sleeping in and slacking on my workouts and only averaging an hour a day. I must get back to my 90 minute workouts 3 times during the week and on Sat. & Sun.....like I should be....especially since I need to lose the weight from that massive chocolate binge that just ended (finally).

Hello Everyone,
WELL I never did get out of town!! (Thank goodness) 2 of my kids got the flu. Looks like they are on the mend, but still waiting to see if anyone else gets it!! (Hope not)

Have not down any workouts this week, but today if I get the energy. ( I have been disinfecting like crazy) I will do one of my SS.

Dallas I have found with SS all you have to do is watch Debbie. I think you will enjoy your workout more with your ipod or a audio book, and some people even watch tv doing these??? Somehow you can put a picture in a picture tv. I have not tryed this yet;-)

Marietta I have not done circuit max in a long time, but I remember iit is a challenge!! Enjoy!! Oh as far as new year resolutions I would like to spend more time with God, and of course get more organized.

Ladies how about we start the book next week??

Lora like Dallas and Terri for some reason I just never have had the desire to buy P90x or power masters. I have some other of tonys's and as far as weight work I like Cathe so much better!!

Terri I think you will enjoy the joilie weights with the SS workouts. As recommended by Diane Sue I now wear them the whole SS workout and I think it has been a nice little bonus:7 Sorry to hear you have to let someone go today!! My thoughts will be with you!!

Hey Diane Sue pretty soon we will All have joilie weights:7 I love mine. I would have to say this is one of my FAVORITE buys of 2005:D

Hello to Susan and Sabrina!!

~Nicole

I'm back...I know I should be working...but I'm lurking!!

Terri - Sorry about your employee...you have to do what you have to do. If the person is not working out for you, then this is necessary...keep telling yourself that.

Nicole - Sorry about your children...my DH is pretty sick. I don't know what he has, but he's got it BAD whatever it is. Hope I don't get it...

Dallas - Tonight we are taking the youth (Teenagers)at our church to a place called Power Play. There are games...games...games!! There will be skits and pizza and all that stuff. Should be a bunch of fun. We are going to stay until 1:00 am which is very late for me...but I'm sure it will be worth it. Tomorrow, we have a New Years Eve service at my church from 7:00 - 9:00 (before the nuts hit the road) and then we bring in the New year at my In-laws. So probably won't get home until pretty late. Then on Sunday, some of my younger but more mature cousins want to spend the night with me...so I know that we will be up all night talking and being silly.

Like you I'd like to be more dedicated in my Christian walk...I want to do more, learn more, and give more.

Dang! Now I have to check into these darn Jollie weights...but I don't know if I'll use them.

Hey...does Circuit Max consist of step, Hi/lo or both? I was about to order it, but I just want to know because the description doesn't really say....I REALLY need to know this.

I'm sure I'll be back after lunch...

~Marietta
FITXME

Good afternoon
Today I did the iFIT Red Rock Canyon tape and then went on to do more hills and intervals till I reached 5 miles,SB Challenge, Then I did CM Balanced Core and Tough Core, followed by the abs core work of SJP & Str. Tomorrow I plan to do Circuit Max and SS Shape it up.
My cable internet keeps going down. They wont be out till next week. It is frustrating when trying to talk to DH.

Dallas, Yes I have all of the grandchildren at once quite often. It doesnt take to long to clean up when they leave. I put them to work on it as well. Today I have 4 here. Tomorrow I have one staying the night. One or two are a little more enjoyable because it is not so chaotic and we can talk w/o interruptions

Terri Im sorry you have to fire an employee. That would be unpleasant and stressful

Marietta, Circuit Max is the first three circuits done on the floor and the last three done on the step, followed by some chest & back work and planks.

Nicole I am glad to here you are enjoying your Jolie wts.

Hi to everyone else
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hi all!

I wish I had a workout to report. At this point, my dh will be home in a hour and I plan to go down then. At least, the interruptions will be to a minimal! I tell you I feel like a different person right now. Yesterday, my head felt like a brick. I swear by that Airborne stuff. I'm sure the extra C has helped.:)

Nicole ~ Sorry about your kiddos. We just have colds over here. We did the stomach flu thing on Christmas. :-( Luckily, it stopped at my little guy. I like your New Year's resolution. In fact, I've been working on that more for the last 2 weeks. I figured I'd get a jump start. ;-) I got this great daily devotional by Stormie Omartan (sp?). I've listened to these Chip Ingram tapes my old neighbor loaned to me. I'd like to listen to them one more time before I give them back.

Marietta ~ Have a wonderful weekend! Sounds fun. We're bringing in the New Year with the in-laws and dh's brothers and family.

Diane Sue ~ I need your vitamins! ;-) Seriously!:D

So, what rotation is everyone following for January? Susan posted something that looks good, but I still have to get PS. OK, back to putting decorations away. It's so much more fun getting them out, isn't it? Oh yeah, Terri, I'll take a picture of that chocolate tree before I take it down.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dallas

Hey ladies!!

Susan's rotation does look good...I met to say that already. I printed it out...don't know if I'll follow it to the letter, but I could definitely incorporate a few things. To be honest, I'm not doing well with rotations, I'm the type that likes to workout according to how I feel and based on what my current goals are. Right now I'm been doing a lot of regular lifting at the gym because it's been a long time since I've done that. I am finding that I'm not quite as strong as I used to be...probably because I've been lifting much lighter.

So in essence, I've done one or two bodyparts/day and one circuit workout/week. I'll probably continue doing this for another month or so and then I'll figure out where to go from there...

I just ordered Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks!! I don't know why I hadn't ordered it already...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

~Marietta
FITXME

Dallas, lately my vitamins have been any vitamin C with rose hips or bioflavinoids, Calcium chews and vitamin chews, (no iron that I know of as I tend towards to much iron) b 12 strips I get from Avon that disolve on your tongue like those listerine things. I have been doing this for the last year. Oh and extra E no particular type. I want things I know are going to disolve. You probably didn't want all of that:) I forgot to say what I was doing for New Years. I am spending New Years Eve with three of my Grandchildren, then going to church Sunday and coming home to a family birthday celebration for my daughter in law. I will bake cake tomorrow and have dinner all planned.BTW one Christmas about 5 years ago Cathe put up a cake recipe with icing that was cool whip and I think either pudding or cream cheese and chocolate chopped. I lost this recipe and really would like to use it. If any of you know what I am talking about let me know. Or one like it. Marietta what you have been doing has been kind of in my head for what I wanted to do for a rotation. Lately it has been hard with interruptions and lots of things to do to sit and plan a rotation. I know I want heavier right now. I think what I am doing this week with GS and add ons and one total body lighter day is what I want to stick with. I will see what Cathe puts up though.

Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.