Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In Wed April 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs,

This morning I only had time for Turbo Jam Live Cardio Party Remix. It is only a half hour, but it was an intense half hour. This is becoming one of my new favorites. (I have to be at work the early shift due to a doctor appt). I also did 30 minutes of Power Yoga last night. I did Journey Into Power Vol. 1 with Baron Baptiste. It felt so good after the day I had yesterday. I actually almost fell asleep in the relaxation at the end for a half hour LOL!!

My HR monitor needed a new battery and when I set my resting heart rate this morning, it set at 55. That's the lowest I ever got it to set. I usually get nervous when setting it and can't get it lower than 62 or so. Now I think I really did myself in with Cardio Coach....since this means I'll have to work a little harder to get my HR at a certain percentage. LOL!!

Diana Sue - Just out of curiousity, how high does your HR go when doing Cardio Coach in your level 4 zone. I know you're extremely fit!

Charlotte - I got the Meet & Greet email from the Buckcherry peeps. We have to be at the front of the venue at 6:00 pm for the sound check and meet and greet. How well do I know my DH....pretty darn well. He kept saying he wasn't sure if he was going all week and as soon as I told him I got the email ....now he says he's going. I knew he wouldn't want me to be alone when meeting the band. When I won the contest to meet the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he came with me to the concert in Columbus and when we went to meet the band, they only took the actual 10 contest winners and spouses and SO's needed to wait in a separate room and my DH was having a fit. He didn't want me to go without him. I don't know why he was like that but he was. He actually thought I was going to pass up the opportunity because he wasn't allowed to go and didn't want me going by myself. It's funny cuz he's usually not jealous like that, however, I give him no reason to be jealous either. It's not like I go out clubbing or anything....okay...I'm babbling cuz I'm both nervous and excited.

Sabrina - no other word on my DVDs yet. I hope we get them.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for the well wishes. I slept very well last night and am ready for an intense workout. More meetings today and I have to be there by 8AM, so I can't do Viper as I had planned, so I'll sub Circuit Max - figured it's at least intense!

I was at dinner with the company last night - a banquet facility - and dinner was chicken AND steak (? who needs THAT much meat?). I asked for a vegetarian option and they came back with pasta (and florescent purple and green cauliflower - that was a bit disturbing). I took two bites and realized the sauce was chicken broth. I just laughed and put it aside - I had had appetizers (spinached stuffed mushrooms - yum!) so I was not really hungry anyway. Conferences are certainly challenging to healthy eating!

Lora - I hope your boss treats you like the valuable, intelligent employee we all know you are!

Terri - let us know how the Amy video goes - inquiring minds want to know.

Good morning to all the lovely ladies! I'm in conferences all day again today (only 2 days this time thankfully). Wish me luck! I'm coming home for dinner tonight - I miss my family.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 13 miles and did L/G. Today I am going to run and see how far I can go since I am just feeling full of myself today! LOL! I also need to do Imax 2 and Chest/Back.

Lora,

Your DH sounds just like mine. I told my DH that I would like to have Seether sign my pants leg of my jeans. He says, "No one is going to touch your leg". ((rolling eyes)) Not like I was going to have Seether sign my butt. LOL! My hubby is not the real jealous type but he just likes to look out for me,(in general).

Christine,

So glad to hear you had a good nights sleep! And your day sounds like it is going to be a good one. I always miss my hubby when he travels. He will be home on friday and that is the day I get to go shopping. I am going to buy some new shorts for the summer and more tops, etc. I am going to Costco too. I got to get more of the aged cheese. I love it!!!!!

Hey to everyone else! Have great sweaty workouts!!!!!

Good Morning,

Today is a 60 minute run and coremax2 and ctx upperbody. Another beautiful day here! When I talked to Dad yesterday he seemed tobe in good spirits and feeling good. He still gets weak easy sometimes but I think he is ok. Ashley andDave are doing ok as well. Dave still needs to find a job. Going from head of Unix to being laid off is taking it's toll on them financially. SSomething will open up for him soon though.

Christimne-Oh you must have misunderstood. I am not ordering Amy's workkouts. I don't like too complicated of cardio. :)

Lora-You still taking Monday off after the concert?

Hello to everyone else. I will be back :)

Terri

Good Morning Maniacs!!

This morning I did Amy Benuto's Advanced Step Challenge...I did the first two combos 2x and then I did the Power-Up section. Once I finished that I did the Step Blast Challenge. Once done with that, I did some chest work. I'll probably run at lunch and do a set of BBM exercises.

Lora - When is the concert? Sounds like you will have a great time.

Christine - Glad you got some sleep...enjoy your day!! Hope you get some decent food...

Toasty - Don't hurt nobody!!

Terri - Thanks for the update on your dad. I know something in way of a job will come through for Dave...he just has to hang in there.

Hi to the maniacs that haven't checked in yet...I'll be back.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hey Everyone,
Well this afternoon I plan on doing S&H legs and shoulders, and a cardio and abs from ctx dvd. I have not done that one in a LONG time.

Terri I am happy that you brought that up about Amy??? Lora I remember you had mentioned that Amy was not to dancy?? I can get Cathe with no problem. Just wondering what your thoughts are?? Marietta you can chime in to:7

Toasty good workout yesterday!!

OK cardio coach girls what cd would be the best for biking?? I am thinking about treating myself to one:7

Christine you are a stronger woman than me:7

Sabrina here is a post from Amy about the presale!! I am curious to see what the price will be??
http://www.nrgfitness.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=47

Terri I hope something comes up for Dave soon. I bet he is going crazy!! Sending a prayer his way!!
\
Dallas looking for you!!

Well I should get going!!

~Nicole

Hey Nicole...my thoughts are that the workout is NOT dancy. However the is a level of complexity involved. She does not break down very many of the steps. She does have a preview where she demonstrates four complex moves. Then when she does the combos she justs puts those moves right in.

I guess I would have to compare it to Rhythmic Step...but not quite as dancy. I couldn't do Rhythmic step the first time I tried either. I had to take one combo at a time. So with Amy's workouts...I've got the added challenge of getting used to her (because obviously she is not Cathe) and I have to get used to her very different moves.

But again...I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Does that help...if not, pick my brain and I'll try and do better.

(fitxme)

Good afternoon,
Today was Cardio Coach 6 on the treadmill and P90X back & biceps, then stretch Max with the ball. I liked Cardio Coach #6. I really worked up a sweat:)

Lora, using cardio coach on my level 4's my HR stayed around 173.

Nicole, you can use any of the cardio coach workouts. It is a matter of upping the speed or resistance. I think I like 4&5 the best though. 6 is close.

Hi to everyone
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hey what's up?

Well, I started out for a jog, and then the WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! started. So, I just couldn’t take it and stopped. I only went just over a mile.
OK, then I did PLB. I havent done that one in a very long time. I then did Windsor Pilates. There are some moves I just couldn’t do, but it was ok. I dont really care for it.
Later tonight I've got to finish stacking some wood. We've got a ton to do and it has to be out of the way before the weekend (since that is where the boat is parked and that has to be taken out of storage on Saturday). It's barely 40 degrees out too. Buurrr.

Marietta, thanks for the description on amy's step workout. I still think I'll pass on her dvds. I have all of Cathe's and feel that's enough for me.

Man, the little guy doesn’t stop crying. I feel awful. I'll try to get back later.

Susan C.M.

Hey ladies, Back to say my run at the park was great! Sorry for those who have cold weather as it is 74 here :) It feels great. Also did ctx upper amd coremax2. So I am feeling prettu good right now.

Susan-You crack me up with the WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :) Hope he gets to be a happier lil guy soon :)

Diane Sue-Looks like you had a great workout.

Marietta-Are you still teaching step classes?

Nicole-You should get an outdoor bike and ride on out and visit me!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Dad, Dave and Ashley!

Terri

Hi Maniacs!!

I ended up running about 4.5 miles at lunch today. It was quite windy, but the weather was really nice. I also did one set of BBM exercises.

Terri - Seems I have the same weather you are having....Lovely!! I do still teach on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings and sometimes I teach on Saturday mornings. Good workout...you go girl!!

Susan- you crack me up as well talking about the baby...guess he didn't feel like running today. PLB should have you pretty sore right about now...if not now, then tomorrow.

Diane Sue - I'm sure I'll get Cardio Coach in at some point over the weekend....I'd better!

Where are you Sabrina?

Lora - Got my package today...these look intense. So you like them alot huh? What should I try first?? Thanks again!!!

Check you guys later!!

(fitxme)

(fitxme)

Evening Ladies!!

I have had a busy day!!

I had to meet a guy at the office at 10-10:30 (he didn't end up making it until almost 11:30 because he was delayed at his meeting). Anyway, I gave him some listing sheets and made one appointment so far to see a house tomorrow at 11:00. Woo hoo!! I have been on my phone almost all day trying to get things set up for that and then I was asked to work tomorrow from 3:30 to 5:00 and I have to take my youngest to have a test done at the hospital Friday morning and I had to see the doctor this afternoon and have blood work done and then I have to work Saturday 8:30-12:00 and the host an open house from 1-2 Saturday too. Oh and I have to walk to breakfast with DH Sat morning before work (if it is not raining). I also stopped and asked about a job (nothing right now) and handed out my business card to the clinic's admin. offices too. BIG SIGH! I think that is it. Well there are a few other things but that is enough. LOL!

I forgot to add that I went for a walk/run at the Jr. High track too. Starting to train for the Race for the Cure in Peoria on May 13th. Emily and I are going to run in it together. Should be fun!! I have a lot of work to do though since I don't run.

Lora-I received my dvd's! Thank you! I hope to find time to look at them later.

I will have to read what everyone is up to later.

Have a good night ladies!!

Evening Ladies!!

I have had a busy day!!

I had to meet a guy at the office at 10-10:30 (he didn't end up making it until almost 11:30 because he was delayed at his meeting). Anyway, I gave him some listing sheets and made one appointment so far to see a house tomorrow at 11:00. Woo hoo!! I have been on my phone almost all day trying to get things set up for that and then I was asked to work tomorrow from 3:30 to 5:00 and I have to take my youngest to have a test done at the hospital Friday morning and I had to see the doctor this afternoon and have blood work done and then I have to work Saturday 8:30-12:00 and the host an open house from 1-2 Saturday too. Oh and I have to walk to breakfast with DH Sat morning before work (if it is not raining). I also stopped and asked about a job (nothing right now) and handed out my business card to the clinic's admin. offices too. BIG SIGH! I think that is it. Well there are a few other things but that is enough. LOL!

I forgot to add that I went for a walk/run at the Jr. High track too. Starting to train for the Race for the Cure in Peoria on May 13th. Emily and I are going to run in it together. Should be fun!! I have a lot of work to do though since I don't run.

Lora-I received my dvd's! Thank you! I hope to find time to look at them later.

I will have to read what everyone is up to later.

Have a good night ladies!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.