Haliburton, Cananda

sparrow

Cathlete
Hey all!

Any Canadian Catheites familiar with Haliburton, Ontario? I'm wondering roughly how far it is by car from, say, Boston. DH and I are trying to plan this year's vacation. :)

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Hey Sparrow, my best guess off of the top of my head and from the closest border crossing to Kingston, Ontario (Ivy Lea) is that it's about a 4 or 5 hour drive from Syracuse, NY.
I have friends up that way, not in the village of Haliburton but on some of the surrounding lakes. There is a wonderful spa called the Pinestone in Haliburton and tons of cottages, resorts and the like for tourists who come in droves, and no wonder! The lakes and rock cuts are amazing, Algonquin Park isn't far at all if you want camping at it's best. There are seemingly endless lakes and hills and trees and some fabulous restaurants, it's gorgeous all year round but the summer is the best!
I'm excited for you!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and link!

We are planning a dogsledding trip for the fall/winter 06 and Haliburton keeps popping up in my initial research. I know it's early to be planning but I always do everything way ahead of time because:

1) I'm anal-retentive :D
2) It's easier to plan the finances of the trip
3) It gives us something to look forward to!

Thanks again, Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Hey Sprarrow that sounds like a great trip. Me and my Girls have gone up to Marmora, Ontario a few times for Sled dog races, what a blast! There's always tons of people there so I think you are right on track making your preliminary plans ealy. Keep us posted!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.