Grid on Step Company Bench

WD

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the rubber grid coming loose off of their bench. Mine started a little bubble and is now two big bubbles. I have had it for two and a half years. I checked their site but did not see a place to make comment or order just a top.

Sue

That happened to the first step I ever owned after 1 week. I returned it to the store and got another one. Those steps are supposed to have a life-time guarantee.

I just checked the underside of the plantform and it had "1 800 SAY STEP". When I called that number, the recording said "Weclome to BodyTrainers (?)" but the office was closed.

Try calling that number on a weekday.

Thanks. I didn't think of looking at the base of the bench. Their website sems to be devoted to bodypump.
Sue

Just to let you all know, regarding the warranty on the Step, I bought one through the step company this year, and they told me
that my step only has a 30-DAY warranty. I know, that stinks.
(But I wasn't about to return it...)Just letting you know my experience with them...
Kathy

I know what you mean. I am just going to have to get another one. I couldn't do without it. I just hate the feeling that I am jumping on it trying to mash the big bubbles down :)

Sue

Bollinger owns rights to the Original Step now. I would contact them and have it replaced. It's defective.

Just a thought but before you buy a new step bench you might want to try this first:

Wherever you have a bubble cut a small flap with a sharp razor blade. Make sure you leave the flap attached. Perhaps start with a flap on one side and see if it is enough. Squeeze in some glue, put the flap back in place and step on it to bond the glue or weight it down for an hour or two.

Try to find a glue that specifically bonds plastic to rubber.

I have had my bench for over ten years and have had no problem with the mat. But I would try the above surgery procedure before getting a new bench.

Marlene

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried something similar with a glue gun but it is not working. I got a response from the step company and they said that the warranty is 90 days. They said it sounded like it had had normal use and it was time to buy a new one. I checked fitnesswholesale.com and they sell the bench by itself for $35.00 plus shipping.
Sue

Hi Sue,

I have the exact same problem with my step and also tried the glue gun. Your post inspired me to call Bollinger and the woman there said that if I could fax my receipt they would actually send me out a new step. If I could not find the receipt I would have to send the step in and they said they would replace it. So Im on a hunt for my credit card bill now. Anyway, try calling Bollinger you should be able to get the same response I did. Good luck :)

Alison

That is great. I hope you can get another one. Mine was a present from my daughter. I just got CTX for my birthday , if you could imagine trying to do without the bench when I am in the middle of really enjoying doing that. My family has a hard time understanding why I enjoy my workouts so much. :}. I do not have a receipt but am glad if it helped someone else with the same problem.
Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.