Green bean casserole is evil

Govtgirl

Cathlete
I just had to say that. We had the last of it last night, and I almost licked the plate :) Now I can't wait til Christmas so I can have more! Yeah, I know I could make it any time I want, but that just doesn't feel right. I only make it during the holidays.

Same thing with pumpkin cheesecake with praline crust...OMG, OMG, OMG. We have one teensy slice left, and I'm looking forward to it for tonight! I'm easily amused, I guess :)

I just had to say that. We had the last of it last night, and I almost licked the plate :) Now I can't wait til Christmas so I can have more! Yeah, I know I could make it any time I want, but that just doesn't feel right. I only make it during the holidays.

Same thing with pumpkin cheesecake with praline crust...OMG, OMG, OMG. We have one teensy slice left, and I'm looking forward to it for tonight! I'm easily amused, I guess :)

I love Green bean casserole too. I know what you mean about eating it at other times of the year. It's just not right!
LD

I love Green bean casserole too. I know what you mean about eating it at other times of the year. It's just not right!
LD

I LOVE green bean casserole. I make it with 1% milk to keep the fat down and with frozen french cut green beans to keep the sodium down. I just made it for myself for Thanksgiving and will make it again over the next couple of months. I need to make it more during the year, too. Why do we only have it at the holidays? odd

I LOVE green bean casserole. I make it with 1% milk to keep the fat down and with frozen french cut green beans to keep the sodium down. I just made it for myself for Thanksgiving and will make it again over the next couple of months. I need to make it more during the year, too. Why do we only have it at the holidays? odd

Nan, I said that too until I modified the recipe. I use cream of onion soup instead of mushroom, thin it down with more milk than they call for, (it's too clumpy otherwise) then add shredded cheddar cheese. It's almost like macaroni and cheese but with green beans instead of the macaroni. :p

Then, you have to top it with *TONS* of fried onions. Yum-meeeee!

I've never been a fan of green bean casserole, it almost always goes to waste in my family. It's akin to the dreaded holiday fruit cake. I can totally eat a pumpkin cheesecake though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.