The greatest Christmas ever!!!!!!!

eaglobo

Cathlete
So, what did Santa bring me to go along with the added pounds and decreased energy levels?? My workout-related gift was a pair of weight lifting gloves which I sorely needed, but that's not what this is about.

This is about my mother saying thank you to me and my incredible wife for getting her into the nursing home and finally being able to be taken care of in much the same way mom has taken care of everyone else. To have the peace of mind that comes from knowing her latter years will be spent free of worry, Christmas gifts just don't get any better than that!!

Everytime I see on the news about the mad rush to get "the perfect gift" I have to laugh. Sometimes the perfect gift is the look in someone's eyes, and you don't have to sleep over in a mall parking lot to find it, either.

I hope you all got what you wanted this holiday season, both tangible and intangible, I know I'll never have a better Christmas than this one!

What a wonderful post. My mom who is 73 told me yesterday that this Christmas was her best ever! We didn't exchange any gifts but it was a quiet day with just family and lots of food. She lost her dear sister (my aunt) in July and knows that my dad, who is 84, may not be around next Christmas. She didn't have to do anything for Christmas this year, my sisters and I took care of the everything. Knowing that this was her best Christmas in 73 years was the greatest gift I could have ever received!!

Jerry, that is such wonderful news! I hear you on the intangible gifts this year...for the first time in 6 years we got to have a big family Christmas. My younger brother got home from his second tour in Iraq safely and he officially became a civilian again Dec. 14. It was so great to have him home and know that he does not have to go back! He and his wife weren't able to afford to give gifts to anyone but DD this year but we told them the best gift we could have is that he was home safe!

Again, I'm thrilled for your mom...being happy there will make all the difference in the world, for both of you!

Jerry, Jane & Jill (The 3-J's! :7) Great stories from you all....Merry Christmas, I love reading stories like this!!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.