Great Tuna Fish Sandwich

jthornton

Cathlete
I know that they don't have the diet/recipe, etc. forum up yet (I can't wait until they do!), but I wanted to post a really great Tuna Fish Sandwich recipe that I made today (it's a little different from your "traditional" tuna sandwich).

The recipe was for 4 servings, but I scaled it down so I could make it for one. I think the calories are around 270. It was really good!

2 slices light whole wheat bread
1 small can (the individual ones, 3 oz.) of tuna (water packed, not oil)
Chopped onions (about 1 or 2 tablespoons, more or less, to your taste)
1 small box raisins (the little snack size)
1/8 to 1/4 of an apple, chopped
1 tablespoon of canned, unsweetened crushed pineapple
1 tablespoon fat free mayo

Mix all and spread on the bread to make a sandwich! Enjoy!

Note: I also added (because I like spicy), some chopped jalapenos. I also added a teaspoon of yellow prepared mustard to the tuna, plus a little on each slice of bread. I also added cayenne pepper and some black pepper. The recipe says you can also omit the bread and serve the tuna salad on a bed of lettuce (of course it would be less calories because the bread I use is 80 calories for two slices).

Hope you enjoy! I've been trying out different recipes that are either clean, or very low fat/healthy and this was one I really liked. I'm trying to build up a recipe collection of clean/lowfat/healthy recipes so I can start eating better.

Julie

Ooh, I gotta try this. But... (and hear me out on this) I'm going to use mooshed up garbanzo beans instead of tuna! I made a mock tuna salad with them, and it was surprisingly good. (I'm a vegetarian, BTW).
Thanks for the recipe!

Ooh -- that sounds good, too (I love almonds!). I've always loved tuna sandwiches, but got tired of making it the same old way! I'll definitely have to try almonds!!

Thanks -- Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.