Good kettlebell workouts

A

amanda12485

Has anyone done any good kettlebell workout DVD's? Good instructors?

Oh, sure, there are lots!

I heard about Lauren Brooks' DVD on this forum and I really like it. You can check it out here. It's "The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells". This is a good introduction to kettlebells but is also just a great workout.

I also really like "The Kettlebell Way", both volumes.

There are lots more - if you do a search for "Kettlebells" on this forum you'll probably find detailed descriptions of numerous DVDs.

HTH! :D

The Art of Strength Dvd's....Newport, Providence are great and I just Ordered Firepower, Lauren Brooks, and the Kettlebell Goddess with Andrea Du Cane. They are supposed to be great.

I second Lauren Brook's KB workout. Once you've done KB's for a while you may want to check out Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics. It has 3 awesome routines that are a bit different from the typical KB workout. You can watch clips here:
http://nrgfitness.net/products.html

Another vote for the Lauren Brooks DVD and the two "Kettlebell Way" workout ( the first one is a redo of AOS "Providence").

WHY oh WHY did I wait so long to try kettlebells??!! I LOVE these things. I just ordered Lauren Brooks and some other one I can't remember from amazon. I can't wait to get them! Has anyone heard if Cathe is going to do a kettlebell workout? Surprised she hasn't done one yet.

Ok, I'm going to throw out one that is probably controversial, but I had fun with it and really felt it for days afterward: Angie Miller. People complain about her form, but if you've worked with a trainer or have good form, you can just see what she's doing and not watch her for form. She also does some unconventional things on swings sometimes -- hamstring curls and leg raises to the side. I do not do those -- that seems a little injury-prone, but other than that, it's a well-rounded workout that hits you everywhere and really moves. As a bonus, I think netflix may have it so you can try before you buy......

suggestion

I have Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics and really like it. I also have the Lauren Brooks one, but like the Amy Bento one much better (more creative and fun). It's reasonably priced, too. I also like that there is some cardio thrown in.

Oh yeah, I got an Angie Miller one too...didn't know about the form issues, but I liked the preview I watched much better than some of the others. Guess I'll watch Lauren Brooks for form and then try Angie. The Firm kettlebell workout looks good, too--anyone try it? I'd also like to try Amy's Kettlebell dynamics but I'd better wait for next payday. :eek:

Ok, I'm going to throw out one that is probably controversial, but I had fun with it and really felt it for days afterward: Angie Miller. People complain about her form, but if you've worked with a trainer or have good form, you can just see what she's doing and not watch her for form. She also does some unconventional things on swings sometimes -- hamstring curls and leg raises to the side. I do not do those -- that seems a little injury-prone, but other than that, it's a well-rounded workout that hits you everywhere and really moves. As a bonus, I think netflix may have it so you can try before you buy......

Good KB Workouts

Oh yeah, I got an Angie Miller one too...didn't know about the form issues, but I liked the preview I watched much better than some of the others. Guess I'll watch Lauren Brooks for form and then try Angie. The Firm kettlebell workout looks good, too--anyone try it? I'd also like to try Amy's Kettlebell dynamics but I'd better wait for next payday. :eek:

Yes.... I have the Firm's KB workout... in fact... that's what I did today. :) I have ALL the DVDs mentioned in this thread..... thanks to all the enablers on this board, LOL.... but seriously..... I am hooked on KBs b/c they are SO time efficient. I LOVE KBs!! I like all the DVDs mentioned here. I started off w/AOS Kettlebell Trng Clinic. Have I mentioned how much I love KBs? :eek: LOL. Have fun shopping!! ;)

One of these days I will purchase an Art of Strength workout or two...they are sooooo expensive.

I had one of their workouts and hated it.
No audio instruction during the workout itself, just music, and you have to pay atttention to see when they change exercises, because they do it quickly and don't even annonce that.
IIRC, it was also a DVD-R (but I don't recall).

Oh....maybe not so interesting afterall.

Review

Ok, I've been doing Lauren Brooks workout for two weeks now, LOVE IT!! The instruction is great for form. I've done the fat blast x2 back to back, x 1 before kickbox and I've done the complete workout x 2. This is a great workout, and I enjoy the 2 min countdown on the screen. AND Lauren has an amazing body to aspire to!! I am loving kettlebell workouts. :D

The only con for me is that for a "backyard" DVD it is a little expensive but the workout is great and her form is perfect.

Angie Miller: her form is TERRIBLE! :eek: She truly scares me in some of the moves. Like another poster said, it's ok if your form is good/have good intro (like Lauren) and then do her workout but this is NOT good for beginners at all.

I will be adding some AOS workouts soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.