Good Book Recommendations

Roxie 1965

Cathlete
Hey everyone I am looking for a really good sink your teeth into book, I like mystery thrillers and romance. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay then, you simply have to pick up any of Tana French's 4 novels. These are mysteries to sink your teeth into, get lost in the world she creates.

I prefer the 2nd and 3rd of her novels, "The Likeness" and "Harbour Place" because book 4 has only just been released and I haven't read it yet!

Or just pick up any book at all from the 18 mysteries by Laura Lippman. She has a new one out about a madam named Heloise. I didn't like the last one quite so much, but the one before that, "I'd Know You Anywhere" was excellent, as are all the books on her PI series set in Baltimore. You are so lucky not to have read them yet: the delightful discovery of a new series lies before you!

Enjoy!

Clare

My friend just recommended the Amelia Peabody Series to me. She really enjoys them and they look very entertaining. The first one is Crocodile on the Sandbank

"Elizabeth Peters's unforgettable heroine Amelia Peabody makes her first appearance in this clever mystery. Amelia receives a rather large inheritance and decides to use it for travel. On her way through Rome to Egypt, she meets Evelyn Barton-Forbes, a young woman abandoned by her lover and left with no means of support. Amelia promptly takes Evelyn under her wing, insisting that the young lady accompany her to Egypt, where Amelia plans to indulge her passion for Egyptology. When Evelyn becomes the target of an aborted kidnapping and the focus of a series of suspicious accidents and mysterious visitations, Amelia becomes convinced of a plot to harm her young friend. Like any self-respecting sleuth, Amelia sets out to discover who is behind it all."

Also, I have read the Alexander McCall Smith "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series". These are absolutely entertaining and delightful about Mma Ramotswe, set in South Africa. She refers to herself as a woman of "traditional build". These books are filled with interesting characters and they pulled me in every time.

Happy reading.

My three favorite reads this year in order are: Cutting for Stone, The Given Day and Room. They are all sink your teeth in, don't want them to end-sort of books.

I loved Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I think it is currently no. 1 on the bestsellers list. Great book, couldn't put it down!

I read 2 series of books recently and loved every one of them...

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy started out a bit slow but before too long it turned fabulous. I would say it's rated R.

Peter and the Starcatchers (5 books) is probably G/PG but I'm telling ya' there was a lot of suspense and good, clean fun.

Keep us posted!

Here are my recommendations:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy

Sue Grafton - Alphabet Series

Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch Series

Michael Robotham

Henning Mankell - Kurt Wallander Series (Swedish)

Adrenaline by Jeff Abbott (my sister just starting reading it and she loves it)

Garnethill - Denise Mina (Scottish) - This is Book 1 of a Trilogy. I only read Garnethill but I have Exile which is the second book in the series.

James Lee Burke - Dave Robicheaux Series

Sara Paretsky

Greg Iles

Here are my recommendations:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy

Sue Grafton - Alphabet Series

Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch Series

Michael Robotham

Henning Mankell - Kurt Wallander Series (Swedish)

Adrenaline by Jeff Abbott (my sister just starting reading it and she loves it)

Garnethill - Denise Mina (Scottish) - This is Book 1 of a Trilogy. I only read Garnethill but I have Exile which is the second book in the series.

James Lee Burke - Dave Robicheaux Series

Sara Paretsky

Greg Iles

I have read all of Sue Graftons books can't wait until the new one comes out. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo bored me to tears but I haven't read the next one and my dd says its better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.