Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

A "good" blow dryer?

This is a discussion on A "good" blow dryer? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I received an email a few hours ago the Solano I ordered is back ordered. They offered to upgrade me ...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Cathlete
jcm's Profile Fields

I received an email a few hours ago the Solano I ordered is back ordered. They offered to upgrade me to an FHI that could ship faster. Was a bit hesitant since I researched this to "DEATH" and it was not a brand I'd looked into. It was an upgrade plus it came with a diffuser, which I kind of wanted, so did it. Let you know what happens. So far though I'm impressed with the sight! Leave it to Cathe to point us in the right direction

Jen
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Cathlete
elsie3's Profile Fields

This is killing me!!!!! I have a new haircut that requires blowdrying, and my hair HATES to be blowdryed. I had no idea that there were dryers that could make such a difference.

Please, please, post your reviews when you get your new appliances. I'll have to wait until August (birthday) to get one, but I really want to know which ones you got and how they worked for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Cathlete
jcm's Profile Fields

Mine just came today. Missiko upgraded me (for free) because the one I ordered was backordered. It was a Solano now it's a FHI. I'll let you know. Assuming it will take a couple uses to know. My hair has always required a dryer!

Jen
elsie3 likes this.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm View Post
I've been thinking about spending $$ on a better blow dryer. Mine have always been Target purchases but have read more expensive ones are worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've looked ar a Rusk and Babybliss - both around $80. Worth it or no?
I just got the BaByliss hooded dryer that comes on a stand...would recommend it to those with curly hair like me. I use the medium setting and it feels gentle/not too hot. The plastic controls seem a little flimsy but for $80 and the type of dryer I think it is a deal.
elsie3 likes this.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Catheite
laketime's Profile Fields

Still waiting...ordered the HanaAir on 1/9, and just received a shipping notice this evening. Delivery is targeted for Monday, 1/21.
mspina likes this.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Cathlete
Mckmain's Profile Fields

So this thread started me thinking....After wearing my hair shoulder length and permed for years I quit perming and started wearng it straight about 4 years ago. Never quite understood why, when my hairdresser blow dried my hair it looked so good..softer, shiny, no frizz or fly aways, but I thought it was the hair products or just me not knowing how to blow dry my hair well. So thanks jcm! I looked into Solano's and read some great reviews at Amazon.com. I bought a Super SolanoX at SallyBeauty.com. Used it for the 1st time yesterday and WOW!!! What a huge differnce in my hair compared to the cheaper Target dryers I always had used. Soft, shiny and no more fly aways. Now I know a good blow dryer makes a huge difference....When I asked my hairdresser what kind of blow dryer she used on her clients....oh...a Solano!!
elsie3 likes this.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Cathlete
elsie3's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckmain View Post
So this thread started me thinking....After wearing my hair shoulder length and permed for years I quit perming and started wearng it straight about 4 years ago. Never quite understood why, when my hairdresser blow dried my hair it looked so good..softer, shiny, no frizz or fly aways, but I thought it was the hair products or just me not knowing how to blow dry my hair well. So thanks jcm! I looked into Solano's and read some great reviews at Amazon.com. I bought a Super SolanoX at SallyBeauty.com. Used it for the 1st time yesterday and WOW!!! What a huge differnce in my hair compared to the cheaper Target dryers I always had used. Soft, shiny and no more fly aways. Now I know a good blow dryer makes a huge difference....When I asked my hairdresser what kind of blow dryer she used on her clients....oh...a Solano!!
That is exactly what I thought. I was wondering what hair product the stylist used, because when she blow dried it, it was so soft with no frizz. The first time I washed and dried my hair myself after my cut, it was a disaster--frizzy and sticking up everywhere. I was totally clueless. I can't wait until I can get a new drier. Thank you for posting.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Cathlete
mspina's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketime View Post
Still waiting...ordered the HanaAir on 1/9, and just received a shipping notice this evening. Delivery is targeted for Monday, 1/21.
Me too!!! Finally! I'm going crazy waiting for it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Cathlete
jcm's Profile Fields

I've used my FHI twice and now I really like it! Obviously I'll need to use it more, experiment and get used to it, but ... my hair seems really really smooth and shiny. The Solano was what I originally was going to get but it got switched - with my permission. My ONLY hesitation is it's powerful (2000 watts I think) and just want to make sure I can control it and it's not too much for my find hair.

Jen
elsie3 likes this.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Thanks to whoever ordered with the $25 rebate!!!! I just got an email saying my rebate is being processed. Sweet!!!!!

The reviews said that shipping was super quick, so I'm going crazy waiting for it to arrive -hopefully soon. I've never been excited about a hair dryer - feel sort of silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laketime View Post
Hi mspina,

I am the culprit! I am glad the rebate worked. I clicked through using your link, but there was no indication that it actually worked. It turns out that we both don't get $25, only you (the original purchaser). However, here is my own link (valid until 01/12/13 at 9pm) in case someone else is interested in ordering. http://curebit.com/x/SuPKZ

I, too, read a bunch of reviews on a variety of sites and decided to make the investment. The site is running a sale with online codes (I used $30 off a $200 purchase). We will have to compare notes once we receive our dryers.

Jenny - good luck with your decision!

Michelle

Please review these hair dryers, mine just died and I'm very curious. I have long, straight hair and I'm wondering if its going to be too powerful and will just tangle my hair up all in knots. Talk about getting all stuck and reviewing this too death, I'm exhausted like from XTrain. Geez...
STS ... oh my #10 is looking good!!!