The Golden Compass

dss62467

Cathlete
Has anyone seen it? We saw it yesterday and I thought it was really pretty cool. Loved the whole idea of having your own "demon". Did you also see the parallels to Star Wars that I did?

DH and I saw it over our holiday break and loved it! Very cool! :) The first thing I said when it was over was "Okay, when does the sequel come out?"

I can't comment on the Star Wars parallels (I think I've seen the movies once, and I don't remember them well - I know, I know)...

I'll check this out when it's available on DVD. I'm betting on it being good since it twisted a few folks' knickers ;)

What I found amusing is that some people get really cool demons, like a snow leopard, while others get rats and locusts. How'd you like to be the poor nerd with the locust?

I'm glad this thread hasn't gone in that direction yet Beavs! I cringed when I opened it cuz' of that. I want to see the movie, but my DH is so against it at the moment, I'll probably have to wait. I'm fine with the movie (not thrilled with the books) but the movie is supposed to be staying away from all the contraversial stuff. Anything with Daniel Craig in it is a must see... ;)

>I heard that the scene with fighting polar bears is very
>violent. I have not seen it.

That scene is a bit graphic - I definitely don't think this movie is appropriate for young children.

Donna, I'm LOL at your comment about being the poor nerd with the locust demon! :7

>>I heard that the scene with fighting polar bears is very
>>violent. I have not seen it.
>
>That scene is a bit graphic - I definitely don't think this
>movie is appropriate for young children.
>
>Donna, I'm LOL at your comment about being the poor nerd with
>the locust demon! :7

So Em, what kind of daemon do you think you would have??? I'm thinking a white tiger myself. ;)

>So Em, what kind of daemon do you think you would have??? I'm
>thinking a white tiger myself. ;)

Oooo, a white tiger is very cool. I am, unfortunately, not cool enough for a daemon like that. I'd probably have a goat or something. *snort*

Yeah, you're right. I was surprised at the violence and kept asking the girls if they were scared or anything. They were OK with it. Of course, my daughter has seen Lord of the Rings numerous times, so this is nothing. You'll see worse on Animal Planet...and that's real.

I think my demon would be a lynx. Not a panther, because I'm small.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.