?Gettingfit?

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Hi again, Deborah,
I have a message for you on the Check in thread. In short, I'm wishing that you will continue to post about your experiences etc even though you aren't doing the Intense Series right now.

The whole intent of check ins, IMHO is for encouragement and motivation. Well, you are in much need of encouragement. I well know the feeling of setbacks.
And Deborah, you can give motivation. :D See, we can still all help each other.

I feel your pain and I hope you feel much better very soon.

Wanda

Hey, Wanda,

Thanks for the encouragement. I do just have to sit it out for a while. Even sitting is painful if I don't sit completely straight up with my feet up on a stool. It's crazy. This is the worse set back I've had in a few years. Until this week, I was pain free most of the time--a few twinges now & again but nothing serious. I'm not really sure what is going on with it right now. I do know that every muscle in my back is tight. I can't stand up straight, the muscles on my left side are all kinked into a knot. When I walk I look like a 90 yr old osteoporisis patient. It's almost funny.

I haven't been to Cathe's before. I keep saying I'm going. She's only 30 minutes from my home. I think that will be my recovery present. A trip to Cathe to celebrate being able to lift again. Ok, maybe I'll wait until I know I can walk in there without getting hurt again. LOL

Talk to you soon.
Deborah

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

Hi Deborah,
I'm no physical therapist by any means, but I was wondering, are you using any heat on your back?
Very warm showers and perhaps heating pad?

Hope you are pain free very soon.

Wanda

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-03 AT 02:48PM (Est)[/font][p]Yep, every couple of hours, 20 minutes at a time. When I first started having trouble a few years ago, I bought this great Sunbeam moist heat pad--it has a giant sponge that you dampen & put between the "heating unit" and the cover. It's awesome except that when I'm done, my shirt gets is damp & I have to be careful not to get a chill. LOL

thanks for your well wishes Barbie!

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/web pages/banners/HelpBanner.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.