gayle -are you trying to kill me?!

laura35

Cathlete
I tried itrain #19 this morning and I about died. This workout is tough. I definately know my weak areas are sprinting uphill. Just 60 seconds on those hills sprinting killed me. I wasnt rested up like I was when I did #13 so maybe that is why but man I am drenched from head to toe. It kicked my butt, thanks for recommending it! I am determined to take on this challenge. she recommends not doing this workout more than 2x week and says it will make you faster. I hope so. Right now I am only doing the itread workouts 1x week because I run outside the other 2days a week. Do you think that is enough to see a difference in pace? thanks gayle!

}( }( }( }( }(

Nope....not me. I didn't do it! I'm completely innocent. It wasn't ME!

}( }( }( }( }(

Great job! It certainly gives you an awesome workout and a perfect way to gauge your progress!!! Keep me/us posted on it!

Now....when you're ready for your NEXT challenge, let me know! I've got another toughie for ya!

Gayle

OH no, you monster!! yes lorrie , she is evil. She already has me wondering what this next challenge will be! I will keep ya posted on my progress. I wont probably do it again until after next weekend. there is a 5k on the 26th I am doing. Wasnt sure if I should do an itread the week of that or not. I dont want to tire myself out, I want to be fresh to do my best that day. Have you done an interval workout early in the same week that you have a race in? do you think 1x week doing and interval itrain workout is enough to see a difference in pace? thanks again!

Hey, Laura. This may or may NOT be what you want to hear! lol But here goes. Between October and February, I was doing HIIT on my TM 3x per week. Those workouts included iTread 13 and 19, plus the Body-For-Life version of HIIT. There WERE, indeed, weeks, where I did my normal HIIT twice in the week (using some of the workouts I mentioned) AND THEN ran a 5K or a 10K on Saturday or Sunday. Heck! I even ran my Super Bowl Sunday 10K race with DOMS in my glutes and butt!

SO....YES.....you CAN do one of these if you'd like, but I'd suggest doing it EARLY in the week until you're able to gauge how these workouts will effect your weekend runs!

KEEP ME POSTED, OK?

Gayle

thanks gayle! I think maybe I will try one early next week. I am really hoping these treadmill workouts help make me faster in the 5k races. I really like these workouts, the time just flies by when I do these. I just bought some cardio coach workouts to try also. they had some on clearance so I am definately set for awhile on the treadmill workouts. thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.