frustrated

3kids

Cathlete
so it's 6 weeks to vacation and I was pumped up to really lose a few winter pounds and tone up. Ate really clean, bought new workout clothes to keep me motivated and did really good workouts over the weekend and yesterday. Then it hits the fan. I didn't feel right last night, thought maybe I was just too tired from staying up for the Oscars so I went to bed early. Wake up in the middle of the night along with my DD coughing and fever. Now it looks as if we have the same thing my DS and DH had that lasted for a week and a half! I can't give up almost a week of workouts;( I need EVERY day until vacation to work this bodyx( I was really looking forward to doing legs today. Now what am I going to do, besides go take a nap:( Thanks for letting me vent. I just hate getting sick:(

Take a good long nap and that will help you so much right now.
I hate getting sick too.
A few rest days and you'll be back at it in no time!
Maybe you'll at least feel up to a nice walk tomorrow...

Don't worry too much about skipped workouts - you can still lose weight by watching your calories.

When you're rested and ready to come back strong, you can really push yourself.

Sorry you're sick!

Change your mind set, it helps when road blocks like you or family members getting sick come along.

Try not to think that you HAVE TO LOSE MEGA AMOUNTS OF WEIGHT BY A CERTAIN TIME, and think instead that you have your whole life to learn to eat better, to work on that body and getting it into its best shape ever. It's a lifetime's project, not 6 weeks. SO what if you don't reach the goal you set: it's not your fault! You live in the world and so do a whole load of other people, some of whom are in your life and it happens, often, that what they do and what they want and what they need from you totally interfere with the plans you had for your life! It happens, every day! You can't change that. All you can change is the way you view it. Kids get sick, you get sick, microbes happen, the Oscars are only on once a year and that's exciting: your workouts will be there when the kids are well again and you are well again, and the Oscar buzz is over. Even if you don't make that goal, no-one is going to like or love you any less. Being imperfect actually makes us more endearing to others, did you know that?

Meanwhile, rest up, get better and you will emerge fresh of mind and ready to tackle those workouts again with renewed spirit.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.