FOOD INC.

A

amanda12485

Has anyone else seen this documentary? It changed the way I will eat forever, i thought i was eating clean but this was a real eye opener. I am telling everyone i know about this movie to go see it. If everyone seen it, it may change things.

something to add - if you haven't heard of this movie check out the website www.foodincmovie.com it has alot of info also. You can even get all the local farmers in your area that sell organic and grass fed foods.

Also on that web site, be sure to check out (and sign!) the petition:
"We believe that federally funded nutrition programs should provide all children with the healthy food they deserve. This includes low fat and safe dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Schools should be soda and junk-food-free zones and serve food that complements and furthers parents' efforts to feed their children healthfully."​

I saw this on my yogurt container and checked out the film clip that they had on their website. It looked very intriguing... I haven't seen (or heard) a lot of advertising, tho, which is odd. Maybe they need Al Gore to narrate it :D:D:D

I haven't been able to find this movie playing in my area. One of the drawbacks of living in the sticks! As soon as I can rent it I will.

I signed the petition, and they also have a book that is a follow up to the movie with more info on what the food does to our bodies.

I watched the trailer, signed the petition and there are no theaters within 40 miles showing the film. I guess I will be spending more time and money at the farmers' markets. It is not as if you didn't know but just to hear it put more plainly is motivating to do something. I liked that statement about everything you buy at the supermarket is a vote for how you want to eat. Inspiring.

I liked that statement about everything you buy at the supermarket is a vote for how you want to eat. Inspiring.

I agree! A few years ago I read a book called Big Green Purse. The author made the point that as consumers pretty much the only voice we have is in our wallets and purchasing choices. That really resonated with me. Now when I'm in the store I have that thought in my head all the time. :)

I think about this too. I split my shopping up between a regular grocery store and Whole Foods. Whenever my regular, local store offers something organic or something I would usually only find at Whole Foods, I buy it just to encourage them to continuing offering better products.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.