Flexible Warrior Series

beth6395

Cathlete
Which in your opinion would be the best purchase. I see they have 1.0 2.0 & 3.0.

beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I have wondered about these.

I have read good reviews fo all three, and yet I hold back on getting them as I am not a fan of YogaX and I wonder if these will be like YogaX.

I like my yoga to feel like a complement to the rest of my training. It needs to have grace or soul or be serious work on balance/flexibility/strength in a way that feels like classic yoga. Vague, I know...but I cannot find words to be more specific.

Sorry...no help!

~* Vrinda *~

I am glad you answered this I was very leary as the price. I also came across Yoga of Mystics and am curious. Have you read on any of this? or heard of it?
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

Video Fitness has had some reviews on these:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=114284&highlight=flexible+warrior

Sunnydelight has these as well and likes them. They are designed to give the cyclist/triathlete flexibility and stretching but they can be used by anyone. While they are not like Yoga X in that they are made up of several workouts each about 20 minutes each, and not one long 90 minute workout, nor are they really Power Yoga, they are similar in that no-nonsense, non-mystic type yoga - straight athletic. Mainly focusing on flexibility and stretching.

Beth,

I dont have any Nader Shagagi DVDs, but I have heard good things about them. They also sound a lot like traditional yoga instruction in a typical class in India. The format sounds very similar to a live class with my yoga teacher in India.

In many scools of traditional yoga here, Vinyasa (flowing from one pose to the next) is not used until the students become proficient at the poses. It is easy to not do the pose correctly when in flow mode, or not have time to perfect the pose (everything from weight distribution, to positioning of limbs, angles of the body can make such a huge difference).

Sun Salutations followed by static poses is a great way to improve on form and complements power yoga DVDs (you will find you are better able to achieve a pose and more aware of alignment even when flowing).

I am not sure of Nader's personality as an instructor as I have not used his DVDs.

~* Vrinda *~

Ditto to what was mentioned here. I have vol 1 & 3 and I absolutely love these - they are my most used yoga workouts these days. They are VERY athletic in nature - not "yoga-y" feeling at all, and really nothing like YogaX (although I happen to be a huge fan of YogaX). I'm a triathlete / runner, and these are perfect compliments to my training.

Ihave vol 1 & 3 and love them..

Anyone have 2??

I'm so curious about this one...as the description is ...well, not very descriptive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.