Fitness favorites & accomplishments - '07

RunninTeach

Cathlete
As the year draws to a close, I'm wondering: what is your...

-favorite new piece of equipment or gear?
-favorite workout (Cathe or non-Cathe)?
-best fitness accomplishment this year?

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

1 - My new clothes from Active You - so cute!
2 - Barry's Boot Camp (just b/c it is new to me for now - still LOVE cathe overall though)
3 - Became personal trainer and got a job teaching group exercise at a fitness center!

Thanks for the great post !

Clarissa :)

I didn't add any new equipment this year, except for a 2nd barbell and some DVD's, but my favorite piece of equipment is my Precor elliptical. I've had it for about 15 months now and I use it all the time. It was a wise investment for sure ;)

My favorite weight workout is the 4DS. I've had great results with the strength segments and I love it!

My favorite cardio workout would be ANY volume of Cardio Coach :D

My best fitness accomplishment this year has been sticking with a program and working out 5 or 6 days a week for EIGHT WEEKS now!!! Unlike most of you, I do not love to work out, and I've been known to go weeks at a time without exercising. If I did something 3 days a week that was really good for me.

I started with Cathe 5 months ago so all my equipment is new so right now they are all my favorite (i.e. barbells,dumbells, step,medicine ball.......)
Again, just started with cathe so I love all my workouts with her.
Best fitness accomplishment is finding cathe and increasing my exercise routine from 2days/week to 5 days and following 5 straight months of cathe's rotations. I never imagined how important weights are to your routine and I never imagined all the DOMS I could feel from the cathe workouts. Could not imagine my life without it!!

great question....

My favorite piece of equiptment is my treadmill. I bought it in April, and though I don't use it all the time, I really enjoy it when I do. I also love all the different programs on it.

My favorite workout is the new 4DS. I love everything about it. The strength segments are tough, and challenging and the cardio (not a big cardio fan) is fun! and just the right amount. I am seeing wonderful definition with this series.

My best accomplishment is being able to curl 20# (with Cathe on the 4DS) for the longest time I was stuck at 17#!

Deanie

Favorite equipment - my barbell

Favorite workout - Muscle Max - it got me into weights and I love it

Best accomplishment(s) - pikes on the stability ball, bomb diver pushups, and push ups with my hands on the stability ball.

Nan

Thanks for this fun thread Cathy! It's great reading everyone's answers! Here's mine:

Favorite equipment: My iPod - and all the various workouts I can do with it. I want the iPod video now.

My Favorite Workout: Body Max 2 (and IMax 2) - the two workouts I reach for when I need something to get me moving.

Best accomplishment: My half marathon

Favourite Equipement-My new workout gloves from Nike.
Fav.workout- KPC. Bought it, didn't think I would like kickboxing but now I love it.
Accomplishment for this year: My dress/work clothes getting too big for me (right now) and being able to do Cathe workouts alot easier. Non workout accomplishment-Getting on a plane after 13 years and flying twice this year.

Well, I just discovered Cathe back in April, so it's been a great workout year!

I've gotten tons of new equipment since I kicked it up a notch with Cathe. My current favorite is probably my Bosu, since it's the newest thing and it's fun to bounce on. http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/1.gif It's also come in handy for physical therapy.

My favorite cardio workout is Step Blast or Rhythmic Step (except I can't do either now with my injured ankle :() For weights, I like the Gym Styles or Muscle Max. Lately I've really been enjoying Sara Ivanhoe's gentle Crunch: Candlelight Yoga. So peaceful.

My best fitness accomplishment this year--hard to choose, so I have 3:
1) Discovering Cathe http://bestsmileys.com/wow/1.gif
2) Conquering some pretty complex step routines that I never thought I'd be able to do
3) Lifting much heavier than I could do back in the spring

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

What a great topic, Cathy!

Like Lainie, I just discovered Cathe this year -- in March. I had been wanting to try her sooner, but didn't want to spend the money buying all the equipment needed to do her workouts. I am SO glad that I took that plunge! I let my gym membership expire over the summer, and am getting such amazing results from Cathe! I just LOVE all of her workouts!

So here are my answers:

--favorite new piece of equipment or gear? -- a tie between my step bench and my new dumbbell rack and dumbbells

--favorite workout (Cathe or non-Cathe)? -- Drill Max and also the S&H and Gym Style series (I never would have thought that I would like weight training this much! I'd been a cardio junkie for years!)

--best fitness accomplishment this year? -- losing 10 pounds since August (when I decided to get serious about weight training and only use Cathe's workouts) and getting some definition

Leanne

What a great topic!

Favorite equipment--my dumbells and stability ball

Favorite workout--KenpoX and Plyometrics from p90x (it's a tie)

Best fitness accomplishment-Got back to my pre-prego size, and even a little smaller, after having my 1st baby on March 24! I knew I could do it, but it happened way fast for me.

Well, let's see.

Favorite equipment - I'll have to join Michele and say that the elliptical is my favorite. I got it early this year. It's saved my sanity because I can't do anything with impact right now.

Favorite workout - Cardio = Step Blast. Weights = the Gym Styles. If I have to pick just one weight workout, I guess it'll be GS Legs.

Best fitness accomplishment - actually, I haven't had very good luck this year. Most of the year I held steady, and then when I was ready to crank it up a notch, I injured my calf. So looking into the future... my best accomplishment will be the day the calf is finally healed!

1. Without a doubt my new v-moda in-ear metal earphones. All I can say is "WOW!!!".

2. I've had to take it easy this year because of stress and lower back pain, and Jari Love's Get Ripped was just the ticket for me, although it would have been less than challenging in previous years.

3. Great bones! I have every risk factor for osteoporosis, and took my first bone scan this year. My doc said my bone health is "excellent"! :D

Favorite equipment: My elliptical and treadmill, so nice to have a choice in the morning, especially when you aren't feeling like a kickbox or step workout. And my new OH MY BOD workout clothes.

Favorite workout: Right now, it would have to be the LIC cardio premix. Its an easy step workout that gets my heart rate up and feels good. Second fave: Any one of Cathe's new 4DS workouts-except the high impact step which I cannot "get", due to the hard step moves.

Fitness Accomplishment: Getting back to better than normal" less than 4 months after my hip replacement surgery.

:7

Great topic.

Favorite new gear: Ryka Circuit XT shoes for step and weights
Favorite old gear (had to throw this in): Garmin Forerunner 305 (GPS/HRM)

Favorite workout: Low Impact Circuit. I grin all the way through this one.

Best Fitness Accomplishment: Lost 15# May - October to get to a healthy weight and dropped 2 pants sizes

April

Congratulations tneah and April! Great work!! Tneah, I knew you would be back on your feet and better than ever in no time. April, 15 lbs. and 2 pants sizes is awesome! How did you do it?

Like a few others here, I only recently discovered Cathe -- early March 2007 for me. These past few months have been amazing!!

Favorite Equipment/Gear: my step bench, by far
I love step aerobics so so so much. They say that the best exercise is the kind that you will do. Step is for me, all the way!

Favorite Workout: whew, HARD; Cardio -- Body Max 2, Weights -- Gym Styles

Biggest Accomplishment: When I started with Cathe in May, I could curl 5 maybe 8# dbs. Today I can do bicep curls with 15# dumbbells and I feel incredible! My body is in the best shape of my life!

Fave Equipment: Treadmill + MP3 player for my iTrain workouts! :D

Fave Workout: This is a hard one . . . I'd say a tie between Cathe's kickboxing videos and iTrain #2 (40 minutes). I've also been reaching for the original BC a lot lately (also love the ME/BC Bonus w/o!!!) Unfortunately, my treadmill has been on the fritz for the past few weeks because the belt keeps slipping and I haven't gotten around to fixing it (or "attempting" to fix it while hollering for DH to come and rescue his mechanically-challenged yet impatient wife!}(). Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it tonight!

Fave Accomplishment: Actually staying on the fitness wagon fairly consistently since April (longest stretch yet)!!! That and learning how to make better food choices (still working on the actual decisions, though ;-))

Hmmm...I didn't buy much in the way of equipment/gear but I guess it would have to be my pull up bar cause using that thing has done AMAZING things for my back!:)

That would have to be P90X!!!!}( I love Cathe's 4DS series but haven't been able to use it long enough to see results. On the other hand I did my first round of the X in the beginning of the year and got AWESOME results!:)

Training for and running my first half marathon!

spinning bike that DH got for me for my b-day

spinervals

rehabbing myself after knee surgery and re-learning how to push myself so that I see benefits, but not so much so that I injure myself

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.