A Fitness Barrier Down!

sparrow13

Cathlete
I'd like to announce - and I know this crowd will get my excitement over this - that this morning while doing P90x chest and back I did:

- 6 pull-ups
- 8 chin-ups
- 6 close-grip chin-ups
- 1 wide-fly pull up :D

I took a 15 second break when I did the "6" ones, 3, then break, then 3, but all were unassisted and not supported on a chair.

Woo! :D

Anyone else have any achievements to share this week?

Woo-hoo!!!! Good for you!!! Flex those muscles, baby:p:p:p.

No new fitness accomplishments for me, but after being stuck for a while, the scale finally moved down another 2 lbs. 5 more til I hit the 100# mark, and 14 more til I am "normal" weight range according to the AMA. Soooooo close!

Of course you realize that tomorrow you now have to do
7 pull ups
8 chin ups
7 close grip chin ups
2 wide pull up
;);):p:p;);)

Nan

Congratulations! WOO HOO!!! You go girl!
That is truly impressive;)

I did every single one of Cathe's GS drop set push-ups without taking a break.
I always struggled with those but after STS, they are just a warm-up:D

Yeah baby!!!! That's an awesome accomplishment! Strong work, Sparrow!!! The least you can do is post a pic of your backside and let us ogle over your muscle definition!! :eek: :D

Nan, a huge ^^^5 and WOO HOO HOOOO for you!! That's incredible and you should be so proud of yourself! How much weight has Vlad lost from all those runs with you!? :D

I have an achievement to share! I RAN every challenge in Cardio Coach Volume 1 the other day. I came very close about a week ago, but didnt' quite make it all the way through the last challenge. This time I ran all 3:20 of that elusive 3rd challenge!!! I RAN!!!!!!! :eek:

ETA okay, it was more like a jog, BUT STILL!!!!

Congratulations to everyone on their awesome accomplishments!

This thread is full of positive energy, which has helped to put me in the right mindset this morning. Thanks!

Michelle

Sparrow, Nan, Cynthia and Michele, way to go!!!

Hmmm, fitness goals? I've been doing my 1RM testing this last week and I'm way over "average" on everything.

Life goals? Jimmy Buffett concert! (Yes, I'm still on a high from that)

That is awesome!!! You must feel on top of the world!! I woul dbe striking THE POSE all day!! That gives me hope that someday I too can do it!!

:DCongrats! I'm impressed!:D

I have nothing to add, except I did start STS this week for the first time, and I actually got my BIL to join me, so I got a new Cathe convert and workout buddy, which is way exciting for me!:D

Dani

Impressive you two! I couldn't eek out one of any of those right now! Of course, I'm STS challenged as I don't have it yet! Keep it going! You'll be doing record numbers before you know it!

I, too, want to ogle those muscular arms and backs! ;)

Tricia

Congrats to all who had success this week!

And thanks for the nice comments. This is a goal I've been working on for a while. I have to give a nod to Jillian Michaels here though, a month or so ago she did a "train yourself to do pull-ups" segment on her radio show. I put stage one into practice for a few weeks and that was all it took, I think because I'd been practicing on my own for so long. But her tips pushed me over the top...er, bar. :D

I'd like to announce - and I know this crowd will get my excitement over this - that this morning while doing P90x chest and back I did:

- 6 pull-ups
- 8 chin-ups
- 6 close-grip chin-ups
- 1 wide-fly pull up :D

I took a 15 second break when I did the "6" ones, 3, then break, then 3, but all were unassisted and not supported on a chair.

Woo! :D

Anyone else have any achievements to share this week?
WOOOHOOOO!!! Great job, chick!!!!!!!!!

I don't have anything I would like to share, just want to celebrate with you. :)

Congrats, Sparrow!
That is an awesome accomplishment (the most unaided chin-ups I've ever been able to do was 1 3/4! LOL!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.