Finishing XTrain - Now What?

Hi, I am starting week 11 of the undulating 90 day XTrain program and have loved it. I need to plan what is next. I have made such gains in strength, I don't want to lose them. Until I figure out my next program, is it unreasonable to plan to do a cardio of my choice one day alternating w/ XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's, and Legs for strength the next day (not all of them at once!)? I don't want to start a new XTrain rotation immediately as I am going to have a fair amount of time away in August which will interfere w/ following a set program (and I won't have weights when away). Appreciate any suggestions!

If you have Gym Styles or 4 Day Split you could do a rotation with either one of those. Or if your not going to have a lot of time maybe a couple of total body workouts a week and fill in other days with cardio. After I finished X-Train I did STS total body and it was a good change of pace. On the rotations board there is a sticky of all of Cathe's rotations you might to look at it.

Since Xtrain focused on splits, I would do a month rotation of using total body and/or circuit workouts. That would shock your body and be a good change.

I have being doing Cathe's rotations for years. I use the DVDs and even sometimes my old VCR tapes of the workouts. I had most of the workouts on VCR originally and then when DVDs came in I updated my collection. I have all Cathe's workouts but have been collecting for over 20 years. The workouts are the same basic workouts whether on vcr, dvd, or download just newer technology to provide the same product. The DVDs given you the option of premixes and the downloads give you the option to use the workout blender.

Cathe's monthly rotations often use a wide variety of workouts from different series except when she releases a new series she usually puts out a monthly rotation focused entirely on using those workouts. (Like Xtrain).If you are just starting your Cathe collection you might be better off purchasing an entire series and then going back to when that series was released and doing a rotation using those workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.