feeling blue - - - - stomach flu :-(

k2mills

Cathlete
I'll spare all the details, but it hit me Monday night -
I spent all day in bed yesterday and again this morning. I finally forced myself to eat a little peanut butter toast, but nothing sounds good. I've been trying to drink gatorade as well, but have only gotten down one bottle. This is NOT fun!
Anyone have some good advice for getting over this?

TIA,
Kathy in Wayne, OH

Rest!! Drink fluids...try some chicken soup..or maybe some vegetable soup. I will be sending "feel good" vibes your way and I hope you feel much better soon!

5 days?!! Yikes!!
I'm on my third day of this and not feeling a whole lot better - nothing sounds goods. I haven't minded missing work, but . . .

The BRAT diet: bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. Broth is also good at this time, to prevent dehydration and provide some electrolytes.

I caught one of these gastrointestinal viruses (there's actually no such thing as the stomach 'flu') a couple of years back, and was unable to eat normally for about a week. At one point, I didn't think I'd ever be able to keep anything down (or up...depending on where it was coming out! TMI, I know!). I was so excited when I could finally add a few saltines (which I never eat anymore!) to my broth and they stayed in place!

I agree with everyone else here. I had that bug all last week. I was down for the count. The only thing that helps me when I'm sick like that is sleep...plenty of sleep!!!! I understand about the liquids, when I'm sick, it's really difficult for me to drink alot. Sending you healing vibes. Feel better soon!!!!

I hope you feel better soon....after the flu, I always appreciate my good health that much more!!! Take care and REST!!!
Angela:7

Thanks everyone - believe me, I have been resting. But no one mentioned when it would be OK to go back on chocolate :9

Sorry, just one more question -
How long do I stay contagious? DH was "kind" enough to bring it home from his workplace, but I don't want to spread it to mine.

Yikes! I don't think I could choke down a banana or applesauce when I'm ill. I'm more the chicken broth, ginger ale, italian ice sort of sick person. I do recall as a kid having the virus for a week and eating little. When I finally could eat I was ravenous (McDonald's of course..what little kids seem to like) and I don't think my poor belly knew what to do with all that pseudo food.

My mother used to tell me and I believe I have heard it since...when the fever is done.

Hope this helps...

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.